Mooring tips needed !

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Mooring tips needed !

Post by tinbanger »

Have tried searching for this as I presumed there must have been many discussions in the past but ..no luck .So here goes.

Will be picking up our new boat ( 17' Lund Classic side console ,90 hp) in a few weeks. :D :D

Previous boat ( 15' springbok , 40 hp) was fairly easy to anchor and beach ,couldn't really hurt it .15 lb Navy anchor held in most conditions

My question is not so much anchoring when fishing but more to do with mooring I guess .We do a fair amount of interior type camping/fishing and really don't want to pull this new boat upon the rocks , especially overnight .

I have heard of a Bungee type anchoring system but have not seen one in the stores. Anchor , drive to shore , unload , release boat ( with line to shore :oops: ) back to anchored position, pull line/boat back to shore to load

Has anyone seen this type of anchor or even used one ? Any other suggestions ?

Thanks for the help
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

I have heard of these as well, I would just hope they're anchored real well. I say this because I had mine anchored something like that, only I had to walk out to mine. Anyway, one night the wind picked up pretty bad, next morning I get up, no boat :shock:

The wind and waves had lifted my boat and the 200-250 pounds of anchor, and promptly deposited it across the river, with not a scratch on it...I couldn't believe it didn't sink.

Just make sure the anchor's heavy enough!
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

I know what you mean WIG, we will anchor out from shore at the inlaws cottage on Simcoe only when calm . I can walk from the boat to shore easily , 3 feet water sand bottom .
As soon as the wind picks up I can't relax , checking the boat every 5 minutes or so . Only lost it once and neighbor down the way brought it back for us :oops:
Would only try this in protected bays etc.
mustgetalunge
Participant
Participant

Post by mustgetalunge »

I think guys when u get off boat you take a rope with you and when anchor is out it will bungee boat backwards from shore.Then you still tie boat rope to shore.ie.around rock,tree,etc.I have heard these bungee ropes talked about on other sites and i really should get 1 to,i think they were around 40bucks?