15hp motor problem

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
hawg hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

15hp motor problem

Post by hawg hunter »

hello all my brother called me just mins ago and was telling me his 15hp motor was acting up.
he said he went for about 10 mins then it died,after a few mins he got it going again but found it would only run with the gas tanks air closed,and he had a hard time pumping the ball up on the hose line(said it would not pump up)
i said maybe the hose has a hole in it?but ive no clue lol

Hawg Hunter
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

any chance he changed the hose or the ends on the hose? sounds like he may have the ball installed in the wrong direction of flow. with the tank shut off in this heat the expanding pressure forces the gas to the motor(hence it gets gas and runs). the ball would be hard if its not installed in the right direction, cause he would be trying to pressurize the gas can.
hawg hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hawg hunter »

thank-you ill tell he that,im sure he will check

Hawg Hunter
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

moonshine wrote:any chance he changed the hose or the ends on the hose? sounds like he may have the ball installed in the wrong direction of flow. with the tank shut off in this heat the expanding pressure forces the gas to the motor(hence it gets gas and runs). the ball would be hard if its not installed in the right direction, cause he would be trying to pressurize the gas can.
My thoughts exactly!

Craig
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

If that is not the case (check for the arrow that directs you to the engine), it could be your connection to the engine. It could be dirty or seized. Use a small screw driver and push in the little ball while someone pumps the squeeze/flow ball on the line.
Failing all this, get a tune up! Call Laurentian Marine - turn over 1 day!
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
Billy Dee
Participant
Participant

Post by Billy Dee »

Daner wrote:If that is not the case (check for the arrow that directs you to the engine), it could be your connection to the engine. It could be dirty or seized. Use a small screw driver and push in the little ball while someone pumps the squeeze/flow ball on the line.
If yer doin' the "screwdriver/squeeze the ball" thing, make sure you're not looking at the ball when you squeeze. :shock:
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Daner wrote:If that is not the case (check for the arrow that directs you to the engine), it could be your connection to the engine. It could be dirty or seized. Use a small screw driver and push in the little ball while someone pumps the squeeze/flow ball on the line.
Daner i think YOU should get Laurentian Marine to do YOUR work. :lol: :lol: