Experiments

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Experiments

Post by BBRich »

Well I've tied up some experimental egg imitations to try out tomorrow morning before work. Gonna try floating them with a little bit of scent.

Anybody else have experimental baits or lures that have paid off for them (or not) this year?
-Smitty-
Participant
Participant

Post by -Smitty- »

just wondering if you had any luck with those experimental baits??

i was down at the wilmot this sunday....thought it might be a good chance to catch some bows but i got skunked....im fairly new to the trout fishing and havent' had much luck....i tried roe bags, worms, spinners, flys, an x-rap, and the kitchen sink....but no luck....
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Me too Rich...Experimental lures are cool!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

nice rig bbr...... :wink:

jee it those look like a carp rig.......mm could be a ideal there for carp...yaa :P

good luck and send us the report bud...... :P

joco
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

I'll have to report tomorrow because I slept in today :lol: :lol:

And yeah Joco I got the idea while I was tying up some hair rigs for next spring.. at first I thought "hmmm that would be good with salmon eggs" but I couldnt figure out a way to put real eggs on without popping them. Scented imitation should work just as well in the runs though.
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

Rich I have found that when fishing high traffic tribs for trout that often times smaller baits in general produce better! Ive tied up stuff very simular to what you did (2&3 egg combos) and found that single egg imitations worked better. Then again the tribs that I fish get a lot of pressure... but I bet if you soaked those in corn meal overnight they would work great on carp!