Pike pics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Pike pics

Post by Johnny Bass »

Well here is a few pike pics over the years. I have targetted them for the last 5 years and I have yet to catch one over 10 lBS!!! I dont know if it is because I NEVER use leaders. I have had at least 20 bite offs in my life. But why have I been able to hook HUGE musky and bring them to the boat. I have never even hooked a big pike and lost it.

This year I will try to get my first Pike and Channel cat over 10 lbs.

6-7 lber.

36 inch pike. Canal lake. only 6-7 lbs. grrrrr

My cousin comes out to fish for the first time in years. As you can see, he caught it. 12 lber. 33 inches. grrrrrrr. I've caught bigger looking pike than that and none were 12 lbs. Did it swallow a cannon ball??????

Nippissing pike.

I caught over 30 pike that day and these were the biggest ones.

well this is the closest I got. 9+ lbs. Sparrow lake. Only fish I caught that day and On a green grub.

I have caught literally thousands of Pike and not yet hooked into a big one. hopefully this year my luck will change.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

nIce pics JB. those are nice looking pike, some look as stiff as board (i guess there frozen :lol: )
Northamfishing Tackle
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Those are still some nice pike JB. Take a trip to SASK. if you want a big Northern. :wink:
nywalleye2
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by nywalleye2 »

Nice pike JB, those are some good ones
moondog
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moondog »

If you want big pike, take the time to fish Stokes Bay. It's have way up the Bruce Peninsula on the Lake Huron side. Fish the south -east corner of Lyal Island. But don't even bother if you don't use a leader !!

the first pic is 16 lbs. and the second pic is 20.96 lbs
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

If ya want a big 'cat, try the lower Grand River close to where it empties into Lake Erie. Last spring I caught a 15.5 pounder while trolling for wallys. 8) There's a lot of them and they're big!
pieter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pieter »

Nice pike pics :lol:

pieter
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Beauties JB :!:

Post by Guest »

nice pics man! if you are ever in Ottawa hit me up.. loads of big pike here

here is a pic of a 39"er from last summer

side view

skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D

There's alot of nice pike there, ...lookin to grab a few myself this year... :wink:

BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re

Post by BBRich »

There's an old pic of my 2nd biggest pike ever (gotta love my fashion sense back then, lol). Of course my biggest pike ever is undocumented. Let's hope I can beat it this year! :)
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Don't despair they are nice pike. Pike over 10 lbs are not that common in southern Ontario.

Usually the best pike come from big water. Don't know why for sure but its true. The following waters have the biggest pike in southern Ontario.

Ottawa River, Lake St Lawrence and St Francis, St Lawrence River, Bay of Quinte, Lake Simcoe, Lake Muskoka. There are people here who could tell you about bays on Erie and Huron/Georgian Bay.

I catch alot of pike each year from the St Lawrence and most years my best pike is barely a ten pounder. Last year the only fish that big I caught was from Charleston Lake. My biggest pike ever was a 19 pounder from Quinte 20 years ago.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

BASSSTALKER wrote:Those are still some nice pike JB. Take a trip to SASK. if you want a big Northern. :wink:
SHUT UP!!!!!

THERE ARE NO PIKE OVER 10LBS IN SASKATCHEWAN...GO TO MANITOBA

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Johnny Bass »

Thanks for the compliments guys. They were really fun to catch.

Hey moon dog. Those are some beautiful pike. I cant wait to catch me one of them.

Thanks for the tips guys. Now that I have my boat I will definately pound the waters of Quinte.

10+ Pike are more common than you think in Ontario. I know many, many people that have caught them. Especially in the spring.

I think I will stay out of Back bays and fish more open water. I think that is why I never hook a monster Pike.

Ottawa river is an Amazing fishery. I fished at Tamiskaming(from shore) once and the action was steady. I saw everything caught from Sturgeon to perch.I had a Pickeral almost as big as me(well not that big.lol) Chase my rapala to shore and took off. I Also drove to mattawa for some channel cats but the dam down river was closed and the main river was REALLY DEEP. Caught nothing to brag about. But hopefully one day I will come to one of your events.

As far as Manitoba? I would love to fish the Red River for Channel cats and Walleye one day.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

saskie wrote:
BASSSTALKER wrote:Those are still some nice pike JB. Take a trip to SASK. if you want a big Northern. :wink:
SHUT UP!!!!!

THERE ARE NO PIKE OVER 10LBS IN SASKATCHEWAN...GO TO MANITOBA

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh Right, I am mistaken...My Bad :wink: