Fly In Fishing Trip Interest

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fly In Fishing Trip Interest

Post by Rex Mundi »

Would there be any interest in getting a small group of Fish Hawkers together to doing a fly in fishing trip next year.

I may be only getting one week off next year to get away and want to make it a good one and I do not now have any fishing buddies outside this group.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Possibly interested!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Scrap that. Probably get killed by an angry wife first for even bringing it up. :shock:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Moosebunk wrote:Scrap that. Probably get killed by an angry wife first for even bringing it up. :shock:
LOL. If the bears don't get ya, the wife will!!!

Too funny.

MT
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Im in if its not to far and costly!!!
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Ransome wrote:Im in if its not to far and costly!!!
It is probably both Ransome. But, if you can do it, you'll be spoiled by the fishing.

Rex, I'm interested, but poor. Any pilots with a beaver on this board?

M.T. Livewell
Fishing Freak
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishing Freak »

:oops:
Last edited by Fishing Freak on Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

fly in

Post by Jigs »

Rex: Yes. Jigs.

:mrgreen:

Let me know what and where and when you had in mind. Def. interested.

J.
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

wow... those links moosebunk posted are actually pretty cheap, would be figuring on the same for us non-boat owners to get away for a week and rent a boat!!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

spanky wrote:wow... those links moosebunk posted are actually pretty cheap, would be figuring on the same for us non-boat owners to get away for a week and rent a boat!!
I've had interest in that service for awhile being that the costs actually are pretty great. You won't find much cheaper actually, and after the Fishing Shows their costs can get down to $499 for the week. (fly-in/out, midweek check, cabin, boat and gas) Although you'd probably not get the best lakes.

The "Weak" (Wawayowstic (sp)) River can have some decent Brookie fishing and pike, walleye, perch and whitefish can be pretty much found everywhere, afterall, all the lakes are basically scattered just south of the best pike fishery in Ontario. (Kesagami)
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

Yeah, i did the Kesagami thing in '99 (actually got to meet a family from moosefactory- think he was the fire chief, i remember his last name being Cheechoo, he gave us his hat :lol: ), that trip was around the $5000. range for 2 of us- definately once in a life time!! just for comparison :)

Hoping to get up in the Cochrane area next year.... when the plane came in from kesagami the pilot got out and made 2 casts from the pier/dock and had 2 fish... i can go for days without getting anything here :lol:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I was set to go on a fly in trip last year and it fell through for me. Last minute the organizer figured out if he dropped my lard ars from the invite list and added his skinny brother, he could take 4 more cases of beer. :evil:

I'm still mad about that. :?
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

I've always wanted to do a fly in but never got there. One of the problems like Markus said weight limitations, very expensive if you have to charter an extra plane just for food and beer! When there is a group :oops: There are many northern lakes full of fish that can be driven to on seasonal bush roads. Lac Ogascanan was one I did many years ago, northern Quebec, amazing fishing and a drive in, 4x4 only. Some of the guys trailered their boats in, a lot nicer than trying to fish from a welded steel tub with a tiller.
If I was looking at a fly in, it would have to be a trip of my lifetime!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

fishforfun wrote:I've always wanted to do a fly in but never got there. One of the problems like Markus said weight limitations, very expensive if you have to charter an extra plane just for food and beer! When there is a group :oops: There are many northern lakes full of fish that can be driven to on seasonal bush roads. Lac Ogascanan was one I did many years ago, northern Quebec, amazing fishing and a drive in, 4x4 only. Some of the guys trailered their boats in, a lot nicer than trying to fish from a welded steel tub with a tiller.
If I was looking at a fly in, it would have to be a trip of my lifetime!
Goooooood point FFF, although some outfitters include a midweek check-in that serves as a beer truck with wings. But if you don't have that option I quess it's scotch in Nalgene bottles.

Found something out today that was rather pleasing. I'd been thinking about heading to Hawley Lake this year or next. Two companies nearby seem to fly up there. One told me weeks ago it cost $2000 per person for flight only, but today another outfitter quoted an approx of $2500 flat rate to charter a plane. Split that 3 ways and say hello to a reasonable price to do some of the most remote and best brook trout and lake trout fishing in the province. YEAH. :D