Kreature Baits

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Kreature Baits

Post by Markus »

I picked up a whack of these last night from Judy Wong, pro angler from the south. They are the new Kreature baits from Gary Yamamoto. Even though she is sponsored by Yamamoto, Judy is a very honest and respected angler...she says these baits are fantastic and she's found herself rigging these as much as her favourite bait...senkos.

I'm looking forward to trying these in the spring!

Ed, Crystal, CCB, Grumpy? Anyone? Have you tried these yet?
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

They do look really interesting and listed on yamamoto's site at $5.98US / 7
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I think they'll work because they will mimic a variety of baits....salamanders, crayfish, grubs, minnow's! Awesome looking and they have some weight for casting and flipping.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Can I have one? 8)

M.T. Livewell
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

MT, I've recieved a few requests for these baits, so here's the scoop.

No.

:lol: :lol:

I wanna offer a few to Fishhawk and Bobber to try. Then I'd like to use the remainder as prizes for the next Fish-Hawk adventure weekend.
:wink:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

MT...that is not white and it is not a spinner bait! You can't sit long enough for that bait!
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

You could easily rig these onto your spinnerbaits though.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Mark..I am sure..but that is MT....theyare not white...well there must be some white ones out there....Oh Bill there ya go!
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Colour code 31 bacon :wink:

spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

They've been out for a bit now.... when on our local board you should mention it, i would imagine some of the BASSmaster guys have used them and Yamamoto was the "in" thing this year.... personally, i like my Senko's :D
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Creature

Post by Seaweed »

I see a bait like that and I have to wonder... is it for catching fish or fishermen?

Ok if Yamamoto is putting it out... it works.

Looks a lot like a new bait being offered by another plastics company that sponsors a couple of the Fish-Hawk.net lads but I don`t want to say that our bait was out before the Japanese version was out.

I haven`t hooked the new bait up myself but the first thing I thought was... wow that is a lot of apendages flappin there. Which end is the bass going to try to hit this from and .... is there going to be a hook there for them to get hooked on or is this going to be one of those baits that end up teasing me and causing me to curse more than making me smile and net more fish.

I guess we will have to see what the next bass season produces but at a certain point I think that a bait that has too much going on with it can be as bad as a bait that has nothing going on .... we will let the bass show us next year.

Kind of reminds me of how that Beaver Flapper plastic and the Strike Kind Pointer crankbait were going to take the tournament scene by the horns this year.... I don`t remember anyone saying that they caught all their big fish on these baits... in fact I didn`t hear anyone mention these baits at all after the season opened. Whats up with that? :?

Use what works for you .... many good bass guys tell me that is the key for catching bass. "Never mind what I am doing," they say. "Do what you do best." :wink:
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Creature baits

Post by Cancatchbass »

Creature baits have been around for years, with various configurations of tube/solid body/ legs, pincers, tentacles, etc.

I haven't convinced myself, after trying at least a half dozen varieties, that they are any more effective than alternatives such as traditional craws, tubes, and worms.

In addition to the Yamamoto Creature and Brush Hogs (probably the most popular creature bait to date), I've played with these:

From top to bottom, Kidz Creature from KidLizard, Spider Grub from Outkast Tackle, and the NetBait Creature.

I will be giving them a better workout this coming season.

CCB- may stick to his worms, and saving the claws and legs for jig trailers... :lol:
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

I've tried them too with some success. Flipped them opening day and caught a few bigger ones than my plastic worms were producing, although the plastic worms caught more. They seem to do well in muddy water, especially as jig trailers! Have to use them on my heavier spinnerbaits as trailers, for light spinnerbaits they hinder action/presentation (make the bait turn sideways or loop). Good little baits to have on board.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Creature Kit

Post by Seaweed »

This is probably gonna be a heck of a lot cheaper than trying to buy a bunch of Yamamoto baggies of creatures....

I saw this the other day....

Nice bass starter pack for sure...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... at=catfeat
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Wow, that is one great deal Seaweed! :shock:

It comes to around 25$ CDN in total.

I'm very tempted to order for it, any reason why I shouldn't? (ignoring my big fat xmas visa bill)

All great colours and stuff I'd use.