Question about boat trailers

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Question about boat trailers

Post by Snag »

I need your help.

I'm looking for a trailer to pull my 12' alluminum Princecraft.

I have a trailer already for it but its way to big and can just pull the boat upside down.

I need a trailer that I can pull it correctly, with the motor attached. Unfortunately its too difficult for me to flip the boat and attach the motor when I'm fishing on my own.

The boat is always parked at the cottage 1hr 1/2 away and next year I want to be able to bring it back and forth whenever I have time to fish. This year I was dependent on other people taking me out when I was in Ottawa and I just want to be able to head out on my own, 6am on a weekday morning when people aren't really available.

So hopefully some of you will be more familiar with the types of trailers and price ranges that i should be looking for. I'm not planning on buying it soon, atleast not until next spring, early summer.

I was just thinking it would be so cool to run into a hawk talker on the water, when I'm buzzing around in my little boat. Catching some trophy fish of course. Then I'll invest in naming it, having a fishhawk symbol on it, some rod holders, trolling motor... :lol:
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Hey Snag
Check out Primo Trailer on Moodie dr. They have tons of stuff kicking around on thier lot. If you're lucky they may have just what you need.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Actually from what you told me on our trip Pat, your trailer is too small for your 14 footer. And we know Snag's is too big for her 12 footer...... :roll: Hmmmmmm. A little bartering maybe :wink:
Hoover
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoover »

buy a cheap trailer kid from crappy tire then make bunks outta 2x4's and carpet them, its very cheap and brand new! they are usually at the back of the catalogue!
JIGNPIG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JIGNPIG »

Snag,

I was leafing through the "I Sell Classifieds" book which can be bought almost at any convinience stores and I seem to remember some boat trailers forsale in it who knows give it a try.

Bryan
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Thanks guys,

Hoover, thats what my dad is thinking of doing. How much are the trailer kits, a couple hundred of bucks?

:lol: WIG, if I traded in the other trailer, my Dad would kill me. He made it back in high school and has now turned it into a good skidoo trailer.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Snag, I got a trailer from Crappy tire and it worked fine. THey are actually made for 12ft boats. the problem is that you have to buy the trailer and then the boat trailer kit. I paid around 300 for the combo. Hard to beat the price

BASSSTALKER