White Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

White Lake

Post by pikeman »

Good evening hawkers,

Our fishing trip to Wolfe lake has been switched to White Lake. We will be staying at T-Bell cottages Sept 18-19 and 20.

Are there any updates on the walleye fishing this year on the lake. What are your go to technics. We usually use a bottom bouncer with a worm harness.

Pikeman.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: White Lake

Post by smitty55 »

I follow Adams Outfitting on White Lake and he sure seems to have no trouble putting clients on Walleye all season. Now he knows the lake real good living on it for over a decade.
Let's just say that all the deep water over 20' is in the lower part of the lake and there's plenty of structure to play with.
Right now I would say worm harnesses would be good as you mentioned, but a month from now with much cooler waters I would also want to bring a good variety of minnow sizes, specially for those evening and early mornings parked on or working structure and working jig minnow, and some large ones for sure to work with slip float setups, you can't go too big in the fall. Even for daytime working bouncers I would suggest to at least have one spinner rig with a minnow working too along side a worm harness, just make sure they both spin well at similar low speeds.
Make sure you check out the navionics web app too. https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#b ... isGvs%7DqM

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

Tks for the info Smitty. Will keep this in mind for sure.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

Tell Doug and Kate @ T-Bell that Eric from CRA says HI! :)

White Lake is a great place for walleye. But ensure you are aware of the unmarked rock in the bay where T-Bell is - it took out a few skeg's and props this year already. Someone there could likely point it out to you. If you head out/left towards the island you should be well away from it - it's closer to the middle of that big, flat bay.
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

Tks Eric. Will do and also tks for the heads up on the rock.

Any tips and tricks you want to share.

Denis ( aka pikeman)
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

Hi Eric,

Kate says hi back. The rocks you indicated could you send me a little diagram on where they are so i can mark them on my map please.

Any spots we should focus on.

Send me a Pm.

Pikeman
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Post by pickereye chaser »

Second what smitty said. I like minnows for white since it keeps the small panfish off. Although if you are looking for a feed the lake is awesome for jumbo perch and big sunfish.

I'd focus on deep rock if you can find with jig minnow/plastics and jigging raps (most of the bottom is soft). I'd also troll some deeper cranks too while you explore if you venture to south end. And don't over look the cabbage weeds areas.

Good luck! It's a fun lake.