A summer of turmoil

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

A summer of turmoil

Post by toobinator »

It’s been a spring and summer of turmoil at Paddletales. It started early this spring with a call from our landlord that he needed our space to expand his business. This was certainly within his right as we had been without a lease for the past 5 years with a 3 month opt-out. I had always assumed though that it would be us opting out. We started making plans for the closing of our business, punctuated by a ton of emotions along with more than a few tears.

As time went on we came to accept our impending retirement, actually looking forward to spending more time with our grandchildren and great grandchild (our kids too). We still had some concerns about finances as a lot of our retirement fund is hanging on the wall at Paddletales, but our lack of wealth advisor assured us we’d be okay.

Fast forward to about a month ago, we get another call from our landlord. His plans had changed and he no longer needed the space that Paddletales occupied. He did apologise at the time for the upset he had caused. I felt that we would go to the end of 2019 and then retire.
Since then, after hours of discussions between Sandie and myself, we have decided to keep Paddletales open beyond the new year. We do have a party looking at purchasing, but have no guarantees that this sale will be finalized. We would really prefer to see Paddletales continue as well rather than just liquidate inventory and lock the doors for a final time.

So, Paddletales will remain open, at least in the near future. We have and will continue to reorder and keep the shelves full. There will be changes to the hours to give us a bit more free time. They will be posted at a later date.

Paddletales is still for sale, but now can stay in its current location as long as the purchaser is willing to sign a lease. When the store does sell, I would be willing to work with the new owner to help with the transition. I think it would be a terrific opportunity for the right person.

Ed & Sandie
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

Re: A summer of turmoil

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Thanks a lot for this update. You and your business have been a bright constant on the local fishing scene for so long now.
Bassman1144
Participant
Participant

Re: A summer of turmoil

Post by Bassman1144 »

Thanks for the update Ed. Glad to know you guys are still around... at least for a little while longer!