Weather Advice For Balsam Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smcinnes
Participant
Participant

Weather Advice For Balsam Lake

Post by smcinnes »

Hello Everyone;

I was hoping that someone might have some advice about wind conditions on Balsam Lake. I’m thinking of heading there this weekend with the family. I’ve never fished Balsam before. Calling for winds of 16km/h from the West. I have an 18.5 foot deep V, but the wife isn’t too fond of rough water. I imagine you can find calm water on one side of the island at least? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Re: Weather Advice For Balsam Lake

Post by Hank Jr »

My son and I are coming up this weekend to stay on Balsam for a week of Muskie fishing . Balsam can get rough but like you said there is Grand Island and if its coming out of the west Long Point will block it in South Bay also Hogg and Ball Islands farther north . One other thing those weather guys are not always right . Good luck
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Post by Hank Jr »

What are you going to be fishing for and where are you going to launch from ? I might be able to give you some areas to try to cut down on your search . Good Luck

Hank Jr
smcinnes
Participant
Participant

Post by smcinnes »

Hello: we were hoping to launch at the marina by Daniel’s Point and fish for bass in South Bay
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Post by Hank Jr »

The Smallmouth have been hitting pretty good on Balsam . They had a Bass tournament last Saturday they did well . Try around Greeny Island it has some big rocks mixed in the weeds also around Long Point the bay at Daniels Point has some LM and Smallies . The guys have been doing well with spinner baits on the deep weed edges and square bills shallower . Good Luck I'll be on the water Sunday in a 18 ft Bass Tracker fishing for Muskies old guy in the back of the boat with a beard . If you see us give us a shout .

Hank Flory
smcinnes
Participant
Participant

Post by smcinnes »

Will do. Thank you for the help. Was planning on going tomorrow, but could end up being Sunday.
smcinnes
Participant
Participant

Post by smcinnes »

Will do. Thank you for the help. Was planning on going tomorrow, but could end up being Sunday.