Using hunting blind for fishing?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Using hunting blind for fishing?

Post by scarkner »

Does anyone use a pop-up hunting blind for fishing?

I have a nice little pop-up that you normally stake into the ground. I was thinking of taking it out on the ice with a couple "sand-bags" that I would attach to each corner to hold it down (or would use ice-anchors).

Anyone else out there use a hunting blind as a fishing hut? The design seems almost the same, with mainly colors and the flaps at the bottom (for kicking snow onto them as an anchor) being different.

Thanks!
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Using hunting blind for fishing?

Post by Troutskiii »

Works exactly the same used one many times. If yours has anchor points all the better, screw some anchor into the ice your set, snow around the edge would also be fine.

Cheers
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Other than color they are the same thing pretty much. Giver!

RJ
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

Just watch out with a heater cause hunting blinds are much thinner then ice shacks. And don't leave it in your car after a wet/icy day cause you might get a surprise the next time you try to pop it open!
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.