fishing report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

fishing report

Post by FishingFreak13 »

Just wanted to give a report about my day on the good ole Rideau river. Got on the water at around 1 PM, by 1:05 I was already tired of all the damn a hole boaters in there big boats and fast boats that pass right in front of you while fishing. We somehow managed to catch 4 small pike and one OOS Bass, also had a pike that was easy 20 pounds follow right to the boat but couldn't get it to hit.

I don't know how anyone enjoys fishing on the river or at least when launching from osgoode. Nothing about bouncing up and down for 5 hours is any fun. I am normally one for always loving fishing but this time the best part was when our boat was back on our trailer.
Last edited by FishingFreak13 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: fishing repdaort

Post by smitty55 »

The woes of the Rideau on a weekend. Sure can make your time much less enjoyable. Weekdays this time of year are great, with light well after nine. Or else hit the Ottawa or the Larry. Good luck with it. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Sensrookie
Participant
Participant

Re: fishing report

Post by Sensrookie »

I went there Sunday evening and had really good luck with the walleye once all the boats left. I used a jig head with a split shad with a touch of worm and cast into 10-12 feet of water. Huge amounts of weeds everywhere from all the boats though.
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

At least the pike were biting :D I took my boat out once on a busy weekend on the Rideau, i won't be doing that again. The fishing can be good but i'd rather fish the Ottawa away from those big boaters.
Cy
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

Same here as I fished the stretch of blacks rapids to manotick locks. I nearly got capsized more then a couple of times and the sad part about all this is there is even a sign that says reduce speeds and wake when passing smaller boats failure to do this you will be fined..... Guess people cannot read.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I fish the Rideau quite often but try to stick around the more open areas. On weekends, I tend to hit larger bodies of water but since I live so close, I usually end up on the Ridau during weeknights. The boat traffic after 5:30 is barely noticeable able I usually manage a few nice fish in a short amount of time.

Try it some time after 5:30 on a weeknight before you give up on a great fishery.

Adam