Walleye help??!(:

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FishingMasters
Participant
Participant

Walleye help??!(:

Post by FishingMasters »

Hey guys!!
Tomorrow I'm planing to head out to the saint-Lawrence river for some nice fishing !!
I'm looking to catch some nice walleye (big or small)
But I am unsure what to use or where to go?
Il be fishing above the damn so please if you know where to go, what lures to use, or anything that might help let me know (:
Thanks for all the help
Have a verry nice afternoon !!(:
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Walleye help??!(:

Post by Lvace »

If you are in a boat bottom bouncing is never a bad ideal! But as where to go on the St Lawrence sorry I cannot help you there.
jvd-07
Participant
Participant

Post by jvd-07 »

Have caught and seen lots of other guys catch big and small ones jigging with minnows so far this spring
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

Totally agree with the minnow as bait idea... water is still pretty cold and real bait, dead or alive will give u a good chance. On a big body of water that you don't know, your best bet is to get a good map and troll around for a bit till you locate some fish, then maybe develop a pattern from there. Spots on rivers are all about timing, they can be great one day, abandoned the next so keep looking for them and they should be schooled up nice for you!!!
gl bro.