Constance lake ice

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

Constance lake ice

Post by Climber2k »

I have seen that the ice is coming in fast in some places. The boy has been bugging me to take him ice fishing, I was wondering how it is there?
thx CM
Only stupid people are breeding
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Constance lake ice

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I would seriously wait....especially if thinking of taking a child with you.

In all honesty with the wind and snow I would question the ice quality at this time and would not even venture it.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

That a pretty *** serious ***question considering a child is in play....hope I simply misinterpreted your post and you're actually hoping the ice comes sooner then later.
Last edited by TheMaverick on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

Easy dudes! The guy is just asking so he can maybe give his boy a timeline on when he might be able to get out. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he's just inquiring about it at this point. Right Climber2k?
I'm sure these guys are right though and you're at least a few weeks off, especially after this dump of snow!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I am being easy. I am just very strongly trying to dissuade someone from going on the ice at this time.

I'd give it quite a few more weeks for sure. Keep in mind we can (and likely will) have another flash thaw.
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

Post by Climber2k »

I really have to wonder . In what world is asking about the safety/conditions for an activity considered stupid?
Only stupid people are breeding
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

*sigh*

Before it gets taken out of context.

Ice around here only really formed a week ago....tops.

High winds and the snow will have seriously degraded the ice conditions.

I do not think you are stupid in asking about ice conditions. I will say I think its very premature to even consider ice fishing until end December-mid Jan and even then its based on the temperature.

Basically. Unless we get a serious cold snap I would avoid it.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

I really have to wonder . In what world is asking about the safety/conditions for an activity considered stupid?
Nothing stupid about asking the only thing i would consider as stupid would be to go on ice right now don't become a statistic i don't want to read about you in the sun

i would say nothing safe till about the end of December as long as it stays cold and the snow on the ice is always a factor too
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

With the snow insulating what little ice that has formed I wouldn't count on getting out until mid-late December at the earliest.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

I never hit the ice till after the new year generally only once have I gone befor Xmas and it's because we had little snow and bitterly cold temps
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Climber2k wrote:I really have to wonder . In what world is asking about the safety/conditions for an activity considered stupid?
In Mavs world. He gets his jollies by trolling for people to jump on. Don't let it bother you. Just consider the source.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

smitty55 wrote:
Climber2k wrote:I really have to wonder . In what world is asking about the safety/conditions for an activity considered stupid?
In Mavs world. He gets his jollies by trolling for people to jump on. Don't let it bother you. Just consider the source.

Cheers
*** Deep down you're a great guy Smitty ***
Last edited by TheMaverick on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

No offence to anyone but those who responded are hardly able to speak about ice conditions. Telling someone they are stupid for even asking is a bit much.

Before the snow I'd bet Constance was a few days from being fishable. I know smaller lakes up my way were frozen tight and building ice everyday until last nights storm. Heck I broke thru 400 yards of ice to get out last week, that shocked me but when water temps are 36 it doesn't take much to freeze em tight.

A suggestion to Climber2K. Never rely on anyones ice report. Go for a drive for yourself. Even then I'd wait until you personally have seen 5 or 6 inches of ice before I'd take a kid out on the ice.

Mid Dec we will have safe if not sooner. Play safe.

RJ
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

The *** Serious *** comment is more so directed towards the kid's involvement.......you hear about it eevvveeerrryyyy year, people going through the ice.
Would be unfortunate to rush things, better safe then sorry.

**** refrained comment ****
Last edited by TheMaverick on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.