Sept / Oct Small Mouth Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
nathan.barnard
Participant
Participant

Sept / Oct Small Mouth Report

Post by nathan.barnard »

Decided to share some of my catches over the past few weeks. Been hitting the water as much as I can and have landed some pretty awesome fish.

I stopped taking pics of the 2 & 3 lbers but have documented the bigger catches.

This beauty was the first nice fish of the fall. Weighed in at exactly 4lbs. Taken with my Go Pro so was a bit darker with overcast sky.

This second fish was the best fight I've had all season. Several jumps, was peeling off line and when my buddy finally netted her, the hook was barely hanging on by a thread. Weighed in at 4lbs 9 ozs.

The past weekend, I was having a tough day until late afternoon. Did a few drifts past my lucky spot and suddenly the day turned around.

First fish was a light bite with the cold water but fought hard once I hooked her. Weighed in at 4lbs, 2 oz.

2nd fish came about 20 minutes later and was the best of the day. Weighed about 4lb 11oz. I suspect she was over 5lb but was full of fight and wouldnt calm down long enough for an accurate reading. I was more concerned with a good picture than accurate weight but she was a thick and long fish.

3rd and final fish was a complete surprise (spinner bait in 50 degree water) but she crushed it and put up the best fight of the day. Weighed in at 4lb 9oz. Despite my ill fitting life jacket, I was pretty damn content at this point. My fishing partner started referring to it as the golden hour.

I'm not one for large mouth but I got this nice one late afternoon on one of my hair jigs that I tied myself. Didnt weigh her but a long fish (needed to fill out a bit) with a huge mouth.

I still have another month and a bit for November small mouth and I'm hoping for bigger and better things.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Sept / Oct Small Mouth Report

Post by smitty55 »

Some damn fine fish there. Way to go.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

You can't complain with fish like that.
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

Good Going !
Looks like you bagged some of the ones that like to Jump . :)
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Got to love fall fishnizzin! Nice fish :)
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Impressive smalljaws there Nathan. Good fall fishing man. :)
nathan.barnard
Participant
Participant

Post by nathan.barnard »

Thanks everyone. 6 more weeks of fishing for smallies and the biggest fish are hopefully yet to come.