Source of these maps?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
nathan.barnard
Participant
Participant

Source of these maps?

Post by nathan.barnard »

Has anyone seen maps like this before? I've been looking for maps of the Rideau system and I have only been able to find a detailed one of Newboro.

http://rodcroskery.files.wordpress.com/ ... oro-lk.jpg

I have the Navionics map on my phone but I usually dont get reception on the lake. I've been googling and scouring for maps but haven't been able to find anything with similar detail.

Anyone know of the source or can suggest a similar map? (Specifically looking for Upper Rideau but I would be happy with more out of the whole system)

Cheers
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Source of these maps?

Post by Walker »

In Ottawa I bought these maps from Ottawa to Kempville.They are marine navigation maps which I purchased at World of Maps.
Hope this helps.

Mark
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

You can download the maps onto your phone from the Navionics app, so the map is still useable when you don't have service.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
nathan.barnard
Participant
Participant

Post by nathan.barnard »

Thanks Walker. I'll be sure to pick them up.

Brad, good point about the downloading but I like seeing the whole thing and its easier for planing. Plus I dont like to have my phone out when I'm on the boat for fear of it going in the drink.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

nathan.barnard wrote:Thanks Walker. I'll be sure to pick them up.

Brad, good point about the downloading but I like seeing the whole thing and its easier for planing. Plus I dont like to have my phone out when I'm on the boat for fear of ....
.. getting a call from my wife asking me to stop in at the grocery store for some milk and bread.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

StarTzar wrote:
nathan.barnard wrote:Thanks Walker. I'll be sure to pick them up.

Brad, good point about the downloading but I like seeing the whole thing and its easier for planing. Plus I dont like to have my phone out when I'm on the boat for fear of ....
.. getting a call from my wife asking me to stop in at the grocery store for some milk and bread.
Hey,

The call could be way worse than that..

In all seriousness though, if you are concerned of dropping it over bored or getting it wet, Lifeproof makes a great waterproof case that also has a "Life Jacket" accessory that makes it float for that specific reason. I haven't bought one yet, but it is an alternative.

Having maps on the boat, no matter what type, is always beneficial though.

Adam
Daboss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Daboss »

Or a heavy duty Ziplock bag with some air in it will float your phone.
Damn right I'm good in the sack...I can sleep for hours!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

My phone got drenched in a downpour two years ago. May as well toss it overboard. :cry:
I don't spend enormous amounts of money for my phones, (I keep the cash for rods, reels and bass boats). 8)
But I still need to purchase a Pelican case for my current non-smart Motorola RAZR V3i GSM Flip Phone. :wink:

I purchase maps of lakes that we fish on.
I also have a handheld GPS and a compass (as backup), just in case that the GPS unit fails.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
nathan.barnard
Participant
Participant

Post by nathan.barnard »

After getting caught in a down pour a few years ago, my brand new Galaxy Nexus got turned into a brick when my rain jacket pocket did not seal properly resulting in a puddle of water forming in the pocket.

Now my phone remains in a ziplock bag unless I really need to take a picture or make an emergency call.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Well that just sucks. My wife spilled coffee on mine in the boat the other day but because of the case, I was able to just dunk it in the water to rinse it off.
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Post by Streamside88 »

:!: BAG OF RICE :!:

is all you need to fix a drenched phone.... ive flooded 3 phones 2 of them at least 3 times each :mrgreen: ..... my girlfriend flooded her galaxy s3 and black beary z10 brand new phones and all phones worked 100% after 2 days in the rice bag.... and i don't mean sprinkled with water, i mean submerged and taken out of pocket streaming... just take the battery out ASAP remove as much of water as possible ( shaking blowing, blow dryer, car dash fan,ect...) and stuff it in the bag for 2 days or more it should work ..... but definitely do not trie to turn on before 2 days....

i cant guaranty it ,but ive personally seen it work miracles....
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Post by Streamside88 »

BradGuenette wrote:You can download the maps onto your phone from the Navionics app, so the map is still useable when you don't have service.
thanks! didint know....