where to fish vic island?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
evan14
Participant
Participant

where to fish vic island?

Post by evan14 »

Hey all,

Glad the site is back up! had to remake my account though :(

I have fished all the common ottawa shore spots and even some more difficult to get to ones over the last year of living here. I have been to victoria island twice on my bike and have not been able to find the spots I see in all the pictures. Would someone be able to give me a little bit of detail as to a park name or street or building some of these spots are near so I can stop wondering around that place aimlessly?

It would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys!
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: where to fish vic island?

Post by Canmoore »

Just follow the road all the way to the end, by the Native center. You can probably fish at other spots, but the crazy current makes it super dangerous and stupid.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Another option is to fish in the channel facing Victoria Island from the Ottawa side of the river.
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

zippyfx wrote:Another option is to fish in the channel facing Victoria Island from the Ottawa side of the river.
I always see a lot of people fishing there, never fished there myself. I was told that you can catch Gar there!