ATV Trails in Winter?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Getwet93
Participant
Participant

ATV Trails in Winter?

Post by Getwet93 »

just got an ATV...going to do some ice fshing with it this winter but was wondering if anyone knows of some trails that would allow an ATV in the winter...Kingston or Tamworth area.

Cheers!
Aube
Participant
Participant

Post by Aube »

Check out the OFATV, for a $150 you can get a pass to run the trails from every club part of the federation. I'm not sure if there's one in your area but their website should tell you, some are even groomed in the winter.
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Chesterville, Winchester, south mountain, kemptville, hallville, all these towns are linked by atv trails, they were created a few years back. I got a sled and dont use them but some of my friends do, they say there great.
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
SEOO
Participant
Participant

Post by SEOO »

I have been ATVing this area for years

most areas that are part of the EOTA/OFATV are closed to ATVs for the winter and are only open to sleds

What you can do is ride on crown land, there is some in napanee @ the napanee atv park off switzerville

you can go to gananoque there is a chunk of trails there along the gan river north of the 401

there are also some trails in prince edward county that are open year round(the millennium trail is closed to atvs)

Take a look at my site under the trails/clubs section
http://seoo.ca/atv.html

right now theres a lot of snow travel in pairs and be prepared to get stuck

Hope this helps
SEOO
Participant
Participant

Post by SEOO »

I have been ATVing this area for years

most areas that are part of the EOTA/OFATV are closed to ATVs for the winter and are only open to sleds

What you can do is ride on crown land, there is some in napanee @ the napanee atv park off switzerville

you can go to gananoque there is a chunk of trails there along the gan river north of the 401

there are also some trails in prince edward county that are open year round(the millennium trail is closed to atvs)

Take a look at my site under the trails/clubs section
http://seoo.ca/atv.html

right now theres a lot of snow travel in pairs and be prepared to get stuck

Hope this helps