BOQ - Nov 30 - Fishing Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

BOQ - Nov 30 - Fishing Report

Post by Superdad »

Well, the weather was supposed to be crappy and blow like crazy, BUT, you have to experience the ACTUAL conditions and not the Weather Networks words of destruction and havoc.........

Laker John and I had planned to go today, so we headed off in the darkenss with the rising sun on our backs heading to BOQ to see what was happening on the water. Oh the wind was blowing out of the south and some parts of open water were wave covered. Not all of the water is exposed to the harsh winds - n'est ce pas?

We felt that Hay Bay offered us the best protection from the pending winds - the rain was just part of the day.

Began trolling at 0800 and had a snag almost immediatley, the drift sock got sucked in the prop, unwound the sock and headed for a replacement. Picked up the backup and headed to the Old Church as the south shore would offer us protection, it didn't do a very good job and we headed for some better shelter.

Trolling in the quiet of the lee, we were able to ply the trolling trade and it was quite nice. The rain made the day damper than we would have liked but that's fishing folks.

Just before noon, the planer board acted real funny and we had a fish on, I brought the fish to the boat and Laker John did a superb job and the fish was ours. A quick visit to the scale - which showed 7.25 lbs. The lure of choice was a Frenzy No. 7 - Firetiger.

The trolling continued and the rain continued and continued and continued.......

We couldn't produce a second strike and called it a day at 1430 hrs. Oh we were wet right through the floater suits.

Does any one know if you can treat these suits and make them more waterproof????

We didn't see any other boats on the water.

Stay Tuned the water is still soft - albeit 38 Degs F.....

Cheers

David aka Superdad
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Thanks for the report Superdad,

My buddy and I are heading down for 1 last crack at Quinte on Saturday.

JimW
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

At least you hung in the Super! I'm thinking you could treat the floater suits with a spray for tents. My HH has floater foam from neck to toes and it seems to keep the rain out 100% but is a lot heavier than my friends Mustang. Keep up the good work!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Great report ! At least you walk out with a fish and not skunked. :lol:
|Dore|
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dirtus »

superdad, as far as the suits are concerned, i have had 2 suits now since the early 90's, i have tryed a lot of thing to waterproof them, the older they get the worse they get.i used silicone on my old one, worked for a while but the material always had that waxy feel. didnt like it much.

Andy
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Nice walleye Superdad.

My floater has never been 100% waterproof. If it rains or get lots of spray, I throw on another larger rain jacket.

Manny
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

Great work D.D :wink:

Pauly
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Great Report Superdad.

Thanks for the update.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Now that's some serious dedication! :) And you were rewarded with a great poisson! Nice!

E