Silver Lake past Perth ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
madog99
Participant
Participant

Silver Lake past Perth ?

Post by madog99 »

Seeing as trout is ferme (closed) in Quebec and having picked up a new rigger last weekend I am itching to try it out . Silver Lake out on #7 is open all year so was figuring to spring for a day pass in Ont and give it a go . Would be a bonus to actually catch something and as it only 1 day of catch and release don't want to waste too much time exploring for the general area where lakers may or not be found . I see a boat launch right off the hwy so I guess that's where we would put in . So just a general idea would be fine , "go left , go right etc " not looking for exact directions just a hint as a day goes by fast . Also might there be the odd pike to be found in that lake ?

thanks in advance

John
mblaney
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mblaney »

The lake is not very big; it shouldn't take you very long to mark some. Straight out from the launch (ok slightly to the right around the island) is about the deepest part, I think 90 feet is it. There is some nice structure west of the launch beside the highway, not sure if they are in 'shallow' (50 ft) or not though. It think your best bet is to go to the center (right of island) and follow the far shore heading west, work 70 ft or more.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

As the saying goes....Go west young man go west. Which I think is to the left from the launch. That whole left side of the lake is good. There is also bass and might be pike but never caught any.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
madog99
Participant
Participant

Post by madog99 »

thanks boys , just an excuse to get out anyway . Hope they like my Quebec lures !
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Yes, thanks boys!! I just hope the fish will be in these areas come mid-Jan... :wink:
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Steady Eddy wrote:Yes, thanks boys!! I just hope the fish will be in these areas come mid-Jan... :wink:
We have a special spot for you in mid Jan Steady!! :lol:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Sweet !! If it is in the right spot, I will set up camp. I could watch hockey and drink beer. Maybe I'll even bring the dog........ NIMBY....Ha !!
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.