Favorite Powerbait

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Favorite Powerbait

Post by dead_weight »

I was just out to crappy tire to pick up some powerbait and am always amazed at how many types there are ... I confess I'm a creature of habit in that I always buy the same ones mainly because they seem to work for me ... I love the 3" powertube in brown ... I also like the 4" frog Bat Wing style and like to tip the spinners with some scented grubs ... other that that I've tried a few others with poor success like the shad and even worms.

So I have to ask you all one questions ... what the heck is the rest of this stuff for !!!

I'm sure that many of you have used some of the other power baits with some success ... care to share which ones ...?? I'd like to try something else but with a full wall to choose from it's like a shot in the dark .. or the lake !!?? And it's also dam expensive.

thanks !!
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Dead Weight,
you named my 3 favorites right there! I've had some success on 7" worms, in black with a chartreuse tail. I like their grubs when I go up north early in the season. Usually great on it's own, but sometimes tipped with a small piece of worm.
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
Kovalchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by Kovalchuk »

I have had past success with the white single-tailed grubs in the past for walleye and smallies.
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Where are camp is on graham lake, the bass cant resist the 6 inch lizards. I love lizards :lol: :lol: :shock:
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

Berkley Power Pulse Worms. :D
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

Oh yeah theres one other i like ... power crawfish ... black with yellow on the claws ... works well but I find if one of the claws if bitten off they they won't go for it anymore ... but its a feeding frenzy until then.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

Chigger Craw 10 fold

John
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

I stay true to the YUM brand, love it. I used to be a hardcore Berkeley Powerbait dude...but now I have switched to YUM. They just seem to work better, and last longer.
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

Thanks to all who posted here ... I'll be grabbing some powerbait at CT this weekend while there's still a decent selection ...
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

The Power Minnows (black shad) in 2 and 3" are my favorites for fishing in less than 10 FoW. My confidence search lure for sure!

Tight Lines

ratsotail
Gregger
Participant
Participant

Post by Gregger »

7" powerworm, pumpkin seed with flourescent orange tail...

Hard to find, fantastic to fish with.
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm...