Can we all agree?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Can we all agree?

Post by Jimmy_1 »

1) Its not your lake
2) Its not your fish
3) Its not your lure (unless YOU made it)

But

1) It can be YOUR spot (that you like to fish)
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

We can all agree its not anyones your its everyones ours !
|Dore|
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Can we all agree?

Post by almontefisher »

Jimmy_1 wrote:1) Its not your lake
2) Its not your fish

But

Agreed

But

1) It could be my lake ( if I made it )
2) It could be my fish ( if I stocked it )
3) It will likely never be my lure ( but it may be Mr J's)
:lol:

4) It can be my spot but if you want to fish there give er go cause I have not caught a damn fish there all year. :oops:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

WHATS YOURS IS MINE AND WHATS MINE IS MINE ! GET IT STRAIGHT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HotelTango »

2) Its not your fish

But

Totally agree with you.

Sick and tired of all the whining on here. Some people should just grow up. We have it so good here in Canada compared to other countries, trust me I would know I have been to Afghanistan on 3 different tours. Be grateful for what we have here, if it means finding some dead fish at a boat launch so be it. If means having to share your spot with someone else so be it. If you don't like tournaments good for you.

Sorry Jimmy do not mean to Hijack your post here.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

No hijacking at all HT and thank you very much for your 3 time services to us!

I am growing VERY tired of the child like behaviour on this site and other fishing sites are not much better.

Its ridiculous when supposed grown men act like they are 12 and bicker worse than ladies working in a hair salon.

Its retarded when people get $hit on for posting lakes, spots, lures etc.

I do not post spots others have shown me and never will. I have seen reports first hand though were people have taken others to spots I have shown them though....no biggie as its a lake and no guarantee's they'll do well anyway.

One interesting thing I have learnt fishing bass tourneys is that they are prime real estate hunters. Meaning a spot that held a 5lber will probably hold another if its taken out. They seem to be like that and year after year good tourney anglers are consistntley able to pull in big bags fishing the same spots. WHY? Because of that trait...

I find muskie, trout and walleye to be the same. They find structure they like and they flock to it.

If your hole SUCKS one day....go find another, do some research on-line...plethora for ALL species....even give GPS spots for fish!!!

So why it is so "secretive" is beyond me.

I no longer post pics or do reports for the very reason that all you catch is GRIEF for it.
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
catfishHunter
Participant
Participant

Post by catfishHunter »

2) Its not your fish

But

Agreed!
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Variety is the spice of life

Post by dead_weight »

I'm new but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth - I have never been to a lake that has or just had a tourney so I can't comment on that ... I avoid them altogether. But as I see it if you are a fisherman you really have no choice but to move on to another place ... and isn't that the beauty of fishing !!?? Around this area ... there's more rivers, lakes and streams within 2 hrs of Ottawa that a person could not come close to doing it all in a lifetime (although I'd like to try) ... I'm from NS originally and you pretty much had to be a trout fisherman or you are almost out of luck. Here I can fish bass, pike, walleye, trout, catfish, sturgen, etc. in abundance and all within a short drive from my house. Heck I took my 4 year old girl out a few weeks ago and caught a 3 lb bass and a 2 lb bass within a few kms from my house ... for me just throw a line into another spot ... it's like a box of chocolates .. you never know what your gonna get !!!
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Variety is the spice of life

Post by MLR »

pcalder wrote:I'm new but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth - I have never been to a lake that has or just had a tourney so I can't comment on that ... I avoid them altogether. But as I see it if you are a fisherman you really have no choice but to move on to another place ... and isn't that the beauty of fishing !!?? Around this area ... there's more rivers, lakes and streams within 2 hrs of Ottawa that a person could not come close to doing it all in a lifetime (although I'd like to try) ... I'm from NS originally and you pretty much had to be a trout fisherman or you are almost out of luck. Here I can fish bass, pike, walleye, trout, catfish, sturgen, etc. in abundance and all within a short drive from my house. Heck I took my 4 year old girl out a few weeks ago and caught a 3 lb bass and a 2 lb bass within a few kms from my house ... for me just throw a line into another spot ... it's like a box of chocolates .. you never know what your gonna get !!!
Thanks for the reminder of just how lucky we are to have what we have virtually at our door step. We all forget some times.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
gerrymackenzie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gerrymackenzie »

Agreed Jimmy. As you can see from my past posts, I haven't really reported much in the past few years because of the crap I've seen other folks taking for giving out lake names, etc. I stick to congratulating other folks on the hard work and the great results.

By the way pcalder I'm from NS as well. Been here for almost 20 years and love the variety of fish and fishing spots. Let me know if you'd like to get together some Sunday for some shore fishing. Might not catch much but we'll have fun drowning the worms.

Gerry
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

pcadler, if you make it back to NS for a fish, you have more options than just brook trout. Just to list a few, there's Atlantic Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Whitefish, Smallmouth Bass, White Perch, Yellow Perch, Chain Pickeral...and if you want to try the salt, some common sportfish are Stripers, Mackeral, Eel, flounder, Shad, Smelt, Shark and lots more.
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

Hi Markus ... yeah I've caught many other fish ... I lived beside the Bras D'or lake and so I jigged for cod and mackrel .. my dad and his buddy also had nets set annually for mackrel and herring ... ate so much of it I never want to see it again. I've caught a few rainbow trout and salmon fry (they are tough even at 4 inches long). And of course if you fish for trout you are bound to get some perch. We also used to catch smelts in the brooks at night .. loads of fun. We used to catch flatfish a lot as a kid ...

What I meant is that in the area of Cape Breton where I grew up if you didn't have a boat or a set of wheels to travel up the province you were limited to shore fishing or perhaps a canoe ... my parents didn't have a lot of money growing up so I pretty much fished within walking distance ... if I was back there today I'd be into many other species like you mentioned. But we did fish brook trout a lot ... first day of the season the ice would not have completely melted so we'd have to throw the bait over the first 12 feet of ice and into open water .. but they'd be there .. faithful and hungry. I recall my dad getting angry because we'd always be breaking our rod tips ... know why ... because me and my brother would be racing down to the pond first day of the season and inevitably the rod tip would hit the ground and snap !! Not sure if this is the right post to be throwing out old stories but too late !!
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Variety is the spice of life

Post by Muskie4L »

pcalder wrote:I'm new but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth - I have never been to a lake that has or just had a tourney so I can't comment on that ... I avoid them altogether. But as I see it if you are a fisherman you really have no choice but to move on to another place ... and isn't that the beauty of fishing !!?? Around this area ... there's more rivers, lakes and streams within 2 hrs of Ottawa that a person could not come close to doing it all in a lifetime (although I'd like to try) ... I'm from NS originally and you pretty much had to be a trout fisherman or you are almost out of luck. Here I can fish bass, pike, walleye, trout, catfish, sturgen, etc. in abundance and all within a short drive from my house. Heck I took my 4 year old girl out a few weeks ago and caught a 3 lb bass and a 2 lb bass within a few kms from my house ... for me just throw a line into another spot ... it's like a box of chocolates .. you never know what your gonna get !!!
pcalder Welcome to Fish Hawk you sir are like a breath of fresh air :!: :D
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

almontefisher wrote:
3) It will likely never be my lure ( but it may be Mr J's)
:lol:
:
Hmmmmm

Never really thought of it that way :D