Renos cutting into my fishing time........

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Renos cutting into my fishing time........

Post by charbyc »

Anyone here have the same problem as me? my wife and i bought an old farm last year, with the promise of renovating the house top to bottom.

this being said i thought i would have some time alotted for myself........ get this though, family visits with inlaws no prob, shopping trips nothing, hook the boat to the truck...... look out! houston we have a problem! :evil:

i have been working on that house 6 months now, the inside is 90 percent done...... the official list of projects seems to have grown, i didnt do any ice fishing this year in the hopes of hitting the lake when it was open water!

so please anyone, if you have any advise on how to get your lovely wife up for a day on the water let me know..... im making progress on the list but honestly at this rate i wont be out for the next couple years........

and please dont get me wrong i love my wife shes all i ever wanted im just trying to figure out her mental block here.....

it was never an issue before we got married :wink:
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Well, Im sorry about your little problem. Nobody likes a fish-blocker. Why don't you tell her that your really depressed because you haven't gone fishing in so long and that your production levels will go way up if she lets you go fishing once or twice a week.(adding in that she is welcome to join you). Start messing up a few little things around and tell her you can't concentrate...lol. Either way you need to get out man, so i wish you luck in your journey to fish again.

Cheers
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

thanks! fingers crossed!
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

Give her a choice: more sex, or more fishing.

GG
Lackey
Participant
Participant

Post by Lackey »

What i do is hook the boat up at night when my wifes at work. Leave nice and early, and enjoy the fish. A wise man once told me its easier to ask for forgiviness than beg for permission.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Here's what I do when I am in that situation.

Tell my wife, the weekend is 3 nights and 2 days.

One night is "special time" where we can just hang out, she can pick that night. Do this first.. That makes you a sensitive romantic.

Then say, there is a lot of stuff to do, so for sure 1 day is "chore day". That makes you responsible.

And the other day is mine. This "day" is now the ransom payment for the prior two events. If she wants a sensitive, romantic responsible husband, he's got to go fishing at least once.

This worked in the past, cause it's kinda fair.

IF that doesnt' work. Hookup boat and go fishing. You're already in deep-water, you might as well fish.
Wired leader
Participant
Participant

Post by Wired leader »

Duct tape works for me :twisted:
Dave
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

!!!

Post by CCLad »

Take the Pants back :shock:
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

hahahahaha!

all work and no jiggin makes chris a bitter husband......
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

How about you tell her you have to go to Home Depot to pick up some wood and large construction items, so you need to bring the boat to put it in and you'll be gone for about 4 hours. :)

On second thought, I think she'd see right through that. :oops:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Wired leader
Participant
Participant

Post by Wired leader »

Reminds me of that Brad Paisley song...."I'm gonna miss her"
Dave
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

ahaha here's what's holding me back from going fishing lately.....

1. Installing the deck 20 X 15 Done
2. Installing privacy fence (latuce) around the deck ( this week end)
3. Removing bed and accessories from the room up stairs and bringing it to the bed room in the basement ( this week end)
4. Painting the walls in the babies room ( next week end)
5.putting up the crib accesories and decorations ( next week end)
6. Installing the hard wood in the basement ( week end after)
7. finishing the basement bathroom with my walk in shower ( week end after after)

8,9, 10.... will see what the wife adds onto my list....

Good thing is ....... I'm trying to keep positive ... I'll find a way to get out there :cry: 8) :cry:
|Dore|
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Go on strike and demand a better deal, you buy some beers and a bunch of us will show up and picket with you. One of 2 things will happen, one will cost a lot more.

Other than fish hawk, there should be some kind of support group that stands up and takes action against this kind of abuse.
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

my list is similar....

1 build closet in front porch tonight i hope.....
2 tear down old wood shed attached to house..... soon as in this weekend
3 fix up chicken coop this weekend.....
4 insulate summer kitchen next week.....
5 finish drywall and trim summer kitchen the weekend after....
6 install outdoor furnace water lines the weekend after that......
7 cut firewood a small nice escape for me actually fit in wherever i can spare a few hours in the bush
8 new windows coming end of june early july
theres more but it depresses me typing it..... :cry:

i mean seriously i have every intention of doing the work but she thinks we are gonna totally rennovate a hundred year old farm house in one year? i think thats nuts and it was honestly never what we talked about. :x

i need that time on the water it keeps me from going loopy.........

next year the barn needs work and the fences need mending..... oh yes it goes on! and i think she wants new siding on the house..... :roll:
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Renovations

Post by Super »

I feel your pain, as I am almost done 3 years of renovations and not as much fishing as I like.
As some one said, let the wife know that you need to fish and let her know your plan.
If you have lots of renovations, they have to get done and it almost as bad having them hanging over your head as always doing them.
Here are some ways I go fishing.
1) I fish just just one day of the weekend, leave early and am home by noon, the wife likes that.
2) Fishing one evening during the week (leave work early if possible)
3) take the wife fishing, but if she does not love it, keep it to only a couple of hours.
4) Remind yourself and the wife that you have to enjoy life as you go along. It is a real waste if you do not.
Super
David