Long Island locks

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CityIt
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Long Island locks

Post by CityIt »

Spent another day at Long Island and after the countless bait-sized Perch...managed to catch about a dozen 10-13" Crappie. Williams Wobbler tip with a small minnow was the ticket...fish were suspended 2-3' off bottom in bout 8-10 FOW....
CityIt
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CityIt »

Posted in wrong section...Sorry

Would a mod care to put it in the right place please?
Thanks
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Sold!!!...would like an invite maybe :lol:
catfish25
Participant
Participant

Post by catfish25 »

I've always wanted to catch a crappy but never have to this day the last time I was ice fishing there all I seemed to mark on my flasher was perch.
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

I was just there yesterday and after about 9 perch, decided to move towards Kars. I have not had any luck with Crappies so far. Perch is all I have managed so far.
Scaini33
Participant
Participant

Post by Scaini33 »

I was there on Thursday. It was going slow all morning until I drilled two holes in the right spot. Managed to salvage the day with 18 perch with the biggest being around 8".
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

The Crappie are there regardless of the bite. They seem to all turn on at the same time and then shut down. If I didn't have the aqua vu there I would have guessed that the bites came when the fish did and sopped when they left. Wasn't the case.

Tried everything but live bait and when they weren't feeding I couldn't get them even to approach the bait.
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

I too have been fishing there for a couple of weekends now and have not had anything but Perch. What time are the Crappie biting???