Worst thing ever!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Worst thing ever!

Post by gkilla »

With all the bad weather, over time and general family activities. I have not had time to do any fishing. This past weekend I had Sunday that I planned to do nothing but go and sit by the water. Of course as anyone knows, when you plan something it never works out! I packed everything in the car and find that I have lost my tackle box!!! I searched everywhere and even tried tracing my steps by driving to all the locations that I had fished weeks ago in the hopes that it might still be there. So instead of fishing on Sunday, I ended up driving for 2 hours and didn't even fish! Sorry, I just had to vent. At least it happened near the end of the season and if anything, it gives me a chance to get new gear. Anyone else ever lost their tackle box?
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Worst thing ever!

Post by LeGrand »

gkilla wrote:With all the bad weather, over time and general family activities. I have not had time to do any fishing.
Try doing both fishing and hunting activities :roll:

Sorry for the lost of your gear, that awful.
Piker
Participant
Participant

Post by Piker »

Where do you think you lost it? Maybe someone found it.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Is everything done on the list your wife made?

She might have hidden it
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

LOL guys! I wish it was the wife! I have had that tackle box for 6 years and almost had it the way I wanted. It was a green Plano that I think was last seen under neath the bridge before Kemptville...
Pike Puncher
Participant
Participant

Post by Pike Puncher »

Lost a box over the back of the boat at about 70km/h this spring. It took about two hours to realize it was gone (when I went to tie on something new). Lost about $600 in tackle. I replaced probably less than half and still had a good season. I got much better with flippin jigs and soft baits (stuff that wasn't in that box) as a result. That's the bright side.....if there is one to loosing that much gear.
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike M »

Just goes to show you that most of us only really need half of what we carry around with us...at least that's what my wife says...and she's always right :roll:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Mike M wrote:Just goes to show you that most of us only really need half of what we carry around with us...at least that's what my wife says...and she's always right :roll:
As long as She's willing to get rid of half her shoes ...you know the 40 to 50 pairs she never wears.... :wink: :lol: :lol:
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

count yourself lucky!

This year, after my outpost fishing trip in Saskatchewan, I went fishing a total of "0" times... even with my new (used) boat in the driveway!!!

My neighbour invited me to his fishing camp in Pontiac county ... and I had to turn it him down TWICE!!!!! :cry:

Oh well, think of winter and hard water!!! :shock: :lol: