FISHING BOQ

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jayg
Participant
Participant

FISHING BOQ

Post by jayg »

Well, finally got to fish the Bay of Quinty yesterday, what a great trip. Left Ottawa 3:30am and were on the water by 6:15, we decided on getting a charter for our first time there and I was really glad I did.

We ended fishing using a 2 planar board setup and 2 riggers, we were on the side were we coould use 2 rods per person so we had 2 on each board and 1 on each downrigger. Within 15 minutes we caught our first Walleye, nothing crazy but over 6 pounds, was a slow day but pretty consistent, our fished ranged form 5 to a little over 8 pounds. We did miss one big hog at the back of the boat, probably upwards 12 pounds. The fishfinder was lit up all day with hundreds of fish.

Colors was all blue silver or blue white running 150 feet back on the boards. I learned a hell of a lot and was definately worth every penny. We ended up catching some big sheepheads as well, there a good fight

Next weekend we head there on our own, what a great lake!!!!
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

Congratulations on your first trip to BOQ - and a successful one at that - makes a charter on the first trip very worthwhile. Continued GOOD FISHING on your own.
Tim Carmichael
Participant
Participant

Post by Tim Carmichael »

Hello,

Nic report. Sounds like you had a good time. I am heading down Oct. 31 and I hope I am as successful as your group was.

Tim
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Charter

Post by JZ »

Which Charter boat did you use and if you don't mind what was the cost?