Cabellas Canada

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Cabellas Canada

Post by Mike M »

Going out to Winnipeg for a few days and booked a hotel just up the street from the Cabellas store. I think I'm setting myself up for some disappointment. If the store is anything like their on-line version, there won't be anything on the shelves. Anyone else have difficulty ordering from the Canada location? It seems everything I try to order is on back-order. Very frustrating.
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

not just Cabella's. I went to 3 local bait shops and they are all sold out of my fav YUM baits. Dan at Manotick Bait set me up with some homegrown baits that I will try this weekend and I'll post a report on Sunday.

have fun in the 'Peg...

brufan.
WPG2Ottawa
Participant
Participant

Post by WPG2Ottawa »

I've been to this store a few times, it is actually the old S.I.R. sporting goods store, a very old hunting, fishing trapping supplier that Cabelas bought out as a first store in Canada.. I think Cabelas Canada just gets online supplies from their US stores shipped north.. although I could be wrong.

If you put BPS Missouri as a 10 and Lebarons in Ottawa as a 5 I would rank the Cabela store about a 6.. Not sure what you are in search of but OK for in store stock for a Manitoba based market (more Walleye than bass) Agreed Cabella Canada's online sales are to me somewhat dissapointing, the thing I liked about WPG stores is that the shooting supply section is much larger than Ottawa and you don't have to hide in some small back room...

while there try out Warehouse Outfitters at 1225 St. James Street,, close by.. great staff please give your impressions when you return but be nice, WPG has taken a beating lately..

BTW-- in the area you are staying,, if renting a car,, DO NOT leave valuables inside over night and stay away from gals hitchhiking,, wink! I know the area well.

but enjoy the reasonably priced beer and offsale convenience..
WPG2Ottawa
Participant
Participant

Post by WPG2Ottawa »

sorry should be Wholesale Sports Outfitters not Warehouse
Paddler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Paddler »

The Cabelas store in PA is amazing.
The service and selection has always been good and the return policy is the best anywhere.

good luck