even PHOTOSHOP is use at catch and release derbys.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

even PHOTOSHOP is use at catch and release derbys.

Post by joco »

http://www.bountyfishing.com/blog/2007/ ... d-in-hand/

i see some derby that use pictures like that to enter there fish.

man i never taught it would go there but anyone that can use photoshop can do this on laptop in no time during the day.

jeeeeeee

its so easy..to do. in min

ex
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/562775/ph ... pros_work/
http://wowcoolpics.blogspot.com/2008/07 ... oshop.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4E7PLkQWmM

lets not to be nahive photoshop is use a lot these days. :?

the photoshop is use in 99.9% off all the pict you see in womas magasine..and they say its about the same now for sport magasines..so i would say its coming strong on fishing hunting magasine..so we dont realy no what is true or not..was it that big.mmmmmmm?

joco
Last edited by joco on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

and do you guys think we have been fool a few time by photoshop in here..?

joco
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

joco wrote:and do you guys think we have been fool a few time by photoshop in here..?

joco
Yes.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

who needs photoshop.

when you can use.......24/7 shop! :lol:
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

Funny I just started a thread yesterday after I photoshopped my fish. It is sad if people do that but ya know it is going to happen. It doesn't take a whole lot of skill to do the job so that NOBODY could tell it was a fake.
http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewt ... ht=#289028
I agree video reports are the way to go, I did one or two last year and hopefully will have one for you guys this weekend.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

actualy...bl8antthat is why i start that one.after seeing what you have done..i am thuinking more people as done it..but might not be honbest like you.

you could have just post the right one and get a load off wow...but you went honest way cool stuff.

but i am sher some might might not be.

you sher did start a good tread to. :wink:

keep up the good work and show us more off those trick...i got a photoshop element 7 here.. :shock: :lol: :lol:

joco
jcorrigan
Participant
Participant

Post by jcorrigan »

Photoshopping fish photos...I don't know what you're talking about...

bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

thanks for the tips Joco, looks like I'll be winning our next 2 kayak fishing tournaments. You worry too much about cheating sometimes bud, spend your time and mental energy on catching the biggest fish and you have nothing to worry 'bout :lol: :lol: :lol:
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D The bounty fishing checks for edited photos..only unaltered count. They have software to detect edits.
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

I'd be very interested in how the software can detect edited shots—not saying it isn't possible. Wish I could fire 'em off a shot as a test.

Yeah I would feel like a complete loser trying to pass off a photoshopped image as real. People do far waorse so I'm sure it has happened.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

First of all no one can cheat at bounty fishing as they look for it.

It's really hard to photo shop a picture and leave no evidence, you just need to blow it up real large to see it. That is also why they want full size pictures to make sure it's easy to see alterations.

As for photoshoping pictures it's been common for guys to hide backgrounds but it's getting stupid out there, some moron has posting on another site a picture with an edited shoreline but he also blanked out the boat color? Is he ashamed that he was fishing with someone else?

This guy didn't post a word just an edited picture, next think you know they will edit shorelines, boats, anglers and fish, so why bother posting pictures?
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Joco,

Ontario Out of Doors used photoshopping for a cover a few years back. They took the antlers from one deer and put it on another deer. It was a pic of a deer in the winter by some evergreens.

Very well done too! It was later admitted to!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: even PHOTOSHOP is use at catch and release derbys.

Post by Jimmy_1 »

joco wrote:
the photoshop is use in 99.9% off all the pict you see in womas magasine..
NEVER!!!! :D
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Trophymuskie wrote:

As for photoshoping pictures it's been common for guys to hide backgrounds but it's getting stupid out there, some moron has posting on another site a picture with an edited shoreline but he also blanked out the boat color? Is he ashamed that he was fishing with someone else?

This guy didn't post a word just an edited picture, next think you know they will edit shorelines, boats, anglers and fish, so why bother posting pictures?
Trophy, I highly doubt the guy who caught that beauty is a moron. I can reason with folks altering backgrounds on photos of exceptional fish caught. Is it possible that this guy "blanked" out the boat colour so that he's not a target to follow around so other morons don't burn his spots??

Just a thought.
c_shep
Participant
Participant

fake or photo

Post by c_shep »

"First of all no one can cheat at bounty fishing as they look for it.

It's really hard to photo shop a picture and leave no evidence, you just need to blow it up real large to see it. That is also why they want full size pictures to make sure it's easy to see alterations."

Photoshopping is just like everything else, some are better at it than others. Some edits are more difficult than others to pull off. If you understand the nature of light and shadow, photoshop gives you the tools to add highlights and shadows in where they need to be. You can edit photos at the pixel level, blown up if you want to. All the things the bounty lists can be worked around with knowledge, skill and of course time. In short, I pretty sure an experienced digital artist and angler could alter a photo without being caught with or without software.

Cheers,
Shep
[/quote]