Laurentian View Resort

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Laurentian View Resort

Post by gkilla »

Well after reading about Nangor and Laurentian resorts, I took the plunge and decided to book a cottage for this weekend. I am hoping that the weather is nicer but it doesn't look that way. If anyone could point me in the general direction of some walleye/pike so that my friends and I aren't out in the rain for nothing, it would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to put up a nice report after this weekend!
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Gkilla

the mouth of the black river is a good walleye spot. It is upriver from Laurentian View. There is also a huge sand bar that extends out into the main channel right from the bay where Nangor resort is. This sand bar is a good walleye spot as well. Check with Lorne - he'll direct you to a few good spots.

Mick
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Lots of great fishing up there, about 30 of us from Fish Hawk went there a few years ago and had a blast. Mick is right the black river is good we even got a stergen (no spell check on iPhone:) Lorne will send ya in the right direction.
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

Thank you for all you Pm's and suggestions! This weekend is going to be a blast! I will definately post a report when I get back.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

All suggestions mentioned are great. The walleyes few and far between right now in the Black River area, fish are well into there summer feeding patterns and are starting to move into the main river(Ottawa). Good areas to try would be in the main channel around the mouth and work the riff raffs out there...Worked very hard for the walleye this weekend and could not put together a pattern for them. Good thing bass was open. Try trolling deep diving crankbaits and also slow trolling techniques like lindy rigging a live minnow/leech or bottom-bouncing a crawler along the drop-offs and weedlines. (Right infront of Laurention is a great spot to bottom-bounce for walleyes). At night TROLL stickbaits shallow(Mouth of Creighton).

For pike and bass, look no further than Creighton Lake and Finllay Islands. Both areas are east of the resort(Down river)...Watch out for the stumps around Woods and Smiths islands, it can get quite tricky to navigate around that section. There are also some very good spots for walleye around the islands, you will notice the boats backtrolling over the deeper holes. Try around there...Hennessys Bay(Nangor Bay) is also great for smallies and walleyes.

Good luck.