Maniwaki fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
woodhouse34
Participant
Participant

Maniwaki fishing

Post by woodhouse34 »

Hey everyone,
I just moved to Maniwaki from Ottawa and can't speak alot of french so its hard to get some local knowledge up here. Anyways I was just curious if anyone knew a few small lakes or rivers where I could do some fishing from a float tube or small boat.

Thanks in advance

woodhouse34
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

I'm sorta in the same boat. I do frequent Maniwaki and have noticed signs pointing to many lakes off of the 105. I plan on spending most of my open water season exploring these lakes. I too have found that gathering intel on these lake to be futile......even when grilling my GF relatives :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your search....I think your about to find some real gems in those hills :wink:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Hey woodhouse. You will notice a lot of guys from the site frequent the area for it's great fishing. I use to have a cottage in BlueSea three years ago and got to know the area very well. Send me a PM regarding what species your looking to target and I can point you to a few lakes to try your luck on.

Welcome to Fish-Hawk
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

I agree. PM members about the spots they've discussed.

The Outaouais is a great region, mostly because the spots aren't openly discussed. I'm all for sharing information, but with the amount of readers and lurkers on this site, posting directions and great specifics will soon result in your new spot being fished out/clean.

Do post pictures of your catch(es).
Don't post GPS coordinates or maps of your spots.

PM me if you want. The region you're asking about is part of my playground.

Cheers

BeaArthur
IanD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IanD »

South of Maniwaki is the town of Gracefield. In the area are lakes like Lac Heney, 31 Mile, Pemich and Ste Marie. Closer to you is blue Sea. all are great lakes and easy accessible by small boat.
Bass, pike, lakers abound in them.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

my father as is house on the roddick lake we are part off st therese de la haute gatineau that side off the lake. we are about 2 miles frome st therese.

we have almost all speciea in are lake..fromae lakers to sturgeons to walleye and bass etc.

there is a lot off great lake up there .

you are not far frome verendry park or zec bras coupe desert.

31 mile lake is great for trout/white fish/bass and pikes.

roddick lake good for a lot off species.

blue sea lake cayaman lake are good for lakers to.

just wait you will see you willget your own little spot.

dont forget the gatineau river..great for walleye and stugeons up there.

joco.
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Welcome Woodhouse,

This is an awesome area for fishing. Take the advice of the members offering PMs.
Sometime just exploring on your own can be just as fun....but it's always nice to know a few consistently producing areas to make it all worth while.

My uncle has a cottage up that way, so I got up often. Lots of good lakes; however, it will all depend on what you want to target.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask questions....someone will provide help.

Cheers
Scott
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

joco wrote:
31 mile lake is great for trout/white fish/bass and pikes.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:wink: :lol: :lol:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

dont worry B.A that a big lake..few 1000,s spots. :lol:

joco
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

joco wrote:dont worry B.A that a big lake..few 1000,s spots. :lol:

joco

And its right beside Lake Simcoe.... :P :P :P :P
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

we have a cottage on lac larche which is attached to Mer Blue....anybody know any details on mer blue?
Big Pike Mike always reels them in!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

not mutch info on that lake..but i got some on the one you are on...my cousin use to have a cottage there but they sold it a couple years back and my x g,f stay there for 2 years ..full time.ok mabe not thers was on lacroix

love mer blue..use to go frome that lake to mer blue and get some realy nice bass....the deference in water clarity is weird goes frome nothing to crystal clear wen you transfer to mer blue.

but us was not lac larche but lac lacroix i think not the same lake but lacroix is attche to mer blue just have to past under that tinny bridge and there you go.

jooc
steve2112
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by steve2112 »

Hi Guys

Mer Blue is protected for the most part as it is has an outfitter on it. I was told you had to pay him to launch your boat. I also heard it is really good for lakers.

steve
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

the lake is protected and stocked....but i have a cottage on it with my own boat launch...so i can fish it!...im gonna hit it for some lakers, unfortunately i have no downriggers yet...but i will get er done!

on a second note....does anybody know anything about that nature park betwwen there and maniwaki...dont know how to say it it french but its like park of the eagles or something...its got an aerile park in it and like a million excessable lakes in it...anyways would love some info on those lakes cuz im hitting them this year and if anybody has got some riggers u can be my new fishin buddy for mer blue...its suppose to be wicked
Big Pike Mike always reels them in!
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

You're talking about the Foret de l'Aigle.... Not sure about its accessibility, but you're right, its loaded with lakes.