Buckham's Bay

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Buckham's Bay

Post by Tony »

I was wondering if anyone else has had much luck up there lately. I've been up there 5 or 6 times so far and have had mixed results. Today we fished mostly for pike and tried jigging for walleye and found we were catching more pike on a jig and worm then spinnerbaits and cranks. I haven't had any luck with the walleye, which is typical of me, except for one day we got two. Out of the trips, we got one decent pike 28" again on a jig and worm, the 2 eyes, two smallies, and a bunch of sunfish and perch.

I was just looking for any other reports from there.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

I believe saskie will be out there this weekend...we'll have to see what he reports!

Some great Crappies there too :!:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Actually I've been busy getting skunked looking for cats and walleye around Arnprior. 2 days...one dink smallie. I give up.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Well saskie after I get back from Muskrat, maybe we can hit Constance/Buckham's Bay :!:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I'll definitely take all the help I can get right now. On a positive note it does appear that we have got a handle on the leak problem - the boat's been nice and dry all weekend. We're hitting Mississippi tomorrow.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

saskie wrote:Actually I've been busy getting skunked looking for cats and walleye around Arnprior. 2 days...one dink smallie. I give up.
Saskie...
Was out today at Arnprior...we where getting the walleye on the 26ft Ledge that runs just out of the Madawaska current...directly in front of the NO WAKE sign. We jig'd the bottom with minnows and 3" twister tails in blue/silver, Yellow and white, we followed the 26 ft ledge out about 100 yards from the mouth.

Hope this helps next time out...
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

Eye tracker:

Def. going to help me. I'm taking the boat next Ottawa R. trip and leaving the canoe at home. Shall fish exactly as you recommend. Minnows, jigs, etc.

If I get skunked, where do you live??? 8)

Love catching those cats. Think I could get hooked (no pun intended).

I might even consider keeping a couple of walleye; :wink:

Will post next time I'm heading for Arnprior. Need an "anchor" man, if anyone interested.

Regards: Jigs.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I thought that might've been you Eye tracker...we tried there first thing, drifting jigs/minnow harnesses out the Mad. No luck Then we tried the midstream buoy, downstream in a creek mouth and finally stopped back at the river mouth when we saw you. We were the beat up little blue princecraft with the border collie dog that stopped there briefly around 1230. We had to scoot as we had previous plans for the evening.

Does anyone know where the cats are around there (Arnprior area)?
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Saskie...
I was in a 16 ft Deep V Tracker with windshield and bow trolling motor down in the water.

If you move out about 175 yards from the mouth of the Madawaska there is a hole 43 ft. I noticed lots of fish stacked in the hole, also seen a few boats pull out a couple of channel cats. We focused more on the shallow break lines for the walleye.
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye