Goin' Solo....Sept 8th 2007

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Goin' Solo....Sept 8th 2007

Post by slop »

Finished up a few chores around the office and called Ratsotail around noon. He can't come out and play today so I decided to go solo for the rest of what was a beautiful day.

I started off with some quick largie action...nothing to brag about though. While working the spot, I get a real good 'thud'...I lean into real good and the fish does not move. for about 30 seconds, I'm thinking I got me a bruiser largie until I see the tell tale sign of white fin-tips. Get the fish to the boat and realize, I don't have a cameraman :roll: There were a couple of lads close by, so I politely asked if they would snap a pic of the fish before I released her. They were more than cool with the idea and here she is 5.5 pounds of gold(thanks again guys)

I caught several more in the 17-19 inch range.

I decided I'd had my fun with the eyes and went looking for some Crappie and was not to be dissapointed...again more hand model shots :lol: :lol:

Another

Was a great little outing...but Ireally don't like talking to myself :lol:

Gonna do it again in the morning .......this time with my cameraman Ratso! :P :P :P

Hope everyone is havin a great weekend on the water.

Later!
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Very nice Grant :!: next time your going solo give me a call :!:

I was home all day today :?

But I'll be hunting tomorrow :D :D
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Slop..... beauty fish man!!

I think your gonna have to add a tripod your arsenal of gear!!!! That walleye would have only been a "fishing story" without a photo!!!.. lol.

Lookin forward to our future trip!!
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Fantastic 'eye! Congrats.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Grant,

I wish I could have been there to utter those crucial words of support you offer me when I'm locked in battle with a BIG ONE, "Don't lose 'em"! :lol: :lol: :shock:

I would have taken a better picture though 8) 8) ! Wish I could have seen that beautiful predator in your hands!

Tight Lines!

ratsotail
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

In the words of our recently departed Phil Rizzuto, "HOLY COW" that's a big walleye, Slop.

Beauty!

And the other fish aren't too shabby either. What a nice variety of fish caught, too.

Ratsotail missed out. 8)

W.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Wolfe, I made sure I called Ratsotail that night and rubbed his nose in it :lol: :lol:

He didn't miss out the following day though! :shock:
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

wolfe wrote: Ratsotail missed out. 8)

W.
I had the standard excuse Wolfe...you know the drill when you already have plans with the wife and kids. Fishing is important, but in the grand scheme of things you have to know where your priorities are...no matter how good the fishing was :( :( .

I believe the fishing gods rewarded me yesterday though!

Tight Lines,

ratsotail