Wolfe Pack Picture Album, Part 1

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Wolfe Pack Picture Album, Part 1

Post by wolfe »

Here are some pics from the past couple of visits to the cottage. It's been a pleasure to have our own place to escape to, and lately I've really needed to escape! Things are getting done at a pretty good clip now and the cottage is quite comfortable.

The L/R and eating area.

My favorite "room" in the cottage w/ surround sound Nature Channel & Stereo.

As much fun as we've been having, there's been work, too. So fishing time has been limited & all my catches have been mediocre. A few decent ones, but nothing to get excited about. Brian and I both lost some very big smallmouth this past week on topwater. We were so ticked! Tyler seems to have the most success these days!

Tyler landed this 25 inch northern on a leaderless jig; it hit on his 1st cast of the evening and it fought like a devil. He was so thrilled and proud, and even moreso as he held it himself for this nice picture. Fish was released to battle another day.

Ty, the "Perch King"...(oops, forgot to rotate the shot...oh well!)

It's good to be a kid!

Sometimes it's good to ACT like a kid, too.:wink: The "Swimming Rocks" are a great place to get over any fear of heights.

BIG and little!

I've got some more pics, but am currently so frustrated with problems on the site that I'm bagging this post for now. :? I've had to do it over 3 times. @#$&*!

Hope you enjoyed what's here, anyway.

Everyone have a smooth transition from the summer season into fall & happy fishing!

W.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Awesome pics and report W.......nice perch 'n pike there Tyler! The new digs look sweet! :) :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Nice Pressure Relief Place you have there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joey Rat »

How do you relax with all that clutter? :lol:

Very nice get away.
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

Nice pics wolfe! Thanks for sharing.

Escapes facilitate our enjoyment of life and I'm escaping early tomorrow to an outfitter's place in north western Quebec for a week of walleye fishing.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Tomcat,

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

W.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Now that looks like a great get-away spot!

How are you finding crossing the border Margie?...I've always wondered how much they harass you folks from the South comin up to catch all our fish... :lol:

RJ
fish-n-nut
Participant
Participant

Post by fish-n-nut »

Looks like paradise! Here's to many happy times for you and your family spent there.
Gus
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

RJ wrote:Now that looks like a great get-away spot!

How are you finding crossing the border Margie?...I've always wondered how much they harass you folks from the South comin up to catch all our fish... :lol:

RJ
Hey RJ,

In my 30 yrs of going back & forth across the border, we have only been searched one time and without much hassle. Brian and I find they appreciate people being forthcoming about where/why you're going, what's in your possession, have passports in hand and ready, etc. Plus I think Canada appreciates all the duty we've had to pay on cottage materials. :roll: :lol:

The biggest complaint about the border would be the occasional long line and delays. Once in a while we plan things wrong and get stuck -- a few years back we were stuck for almost 2 hours. But we have learned when the peak vs. quieter traffic times/days are and try to plan accordingly.

A few of the Customs agents now say, "Hey, don't I know you?" One officer suggested we become summer residents. I feel as though we already are.

I enjoyed your post and am amazed at the killer month you & Birdee have had. Tell her I said HI.

Margie
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Hey Wolfe nice get away place you had there :) . I was thinking of you and the gang earlier this summer as I droved by Wolfe Lake one day and what a nice lake it is :lol: . Nice pike and perch you got there Tyler.

As for the fishing I had been catching lots of bass this summer and lots of pannies to with the odds walleye and pike. I had a pretty good summer of fishing.
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Your place looks beautiful Wolfe and you have some excellent young anglers.

Thanks for the pics - the rock jumping one is my favorite; nice form!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Always love a cottage ay Wolfe...Now you need to set up a FH gathering up there for us to trash the place :twisted: ...Just kidding... You enjoy that place and if I can say one thing it would be to take care of it and before it is to late think about setting aside some money for when you go to pass it on to the kids...Dang those Capital Gains Taxes :evil: ...I am in the middle of trying to take over my parents cottage and it is not easy at this stage of the game.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

af,

I wonder if we put the kids names on the property at some future date if we would run into that situation/problem (?)

Ugh!

Anyway, thx for the nice replies, folks. We love it there; hate to come home! Maybe we'll try to swing a get together for some Hawk Talkers next summer. :P One word of warning: bring some good hiking shoes -- the hill is a KILLER.

W.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Wow! the place looks nice! Glad to see you're finally enjoying it!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

M:

Those are some amazing shots indeed!!

Great seein you guys gettin settled into the summer pad, and it sure looks great!!!

Say hi to Ty , Shane and Brian from Ol Float for me, and all my best to you guys :D

Hope to see you guys soon.

F.F