Battery Charging In Remote Area

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Eagle
Participant
Participant

Battery Charging In Remote Area

Post by Eagle »

Next year, 2008, we may be staying on an island with no electricity. Was wondering about recharging a deep cycle battery in this environment. Just wondering if anyone has solved this problem and what was the solution.

Best bet would be a small generator I guess. If so, what brand and model of generator do you use? How long does it take to recharge after a day on the lake? Wattage/amps output needed, etc................Would think a trickle charging solar panel would not be able to keep up, is this correct?

Thanks
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

You're probably correct, the size of the solar panel to recharge a dead deep cycle would be way too big to bring in the boat, I use a 1000w generator with the 12v (alligator clip) adapter and it takes a few hours, plus solar panels wont work when you need them (at night).
TLunge
dskrizzy
Participant
Participant

Post by dskrizzy »

http://www.stayncharge.com/

Almost got this just prior to last season.

Have read some good things about the product. Impressions seem to be favourable.

Dennis
Eagle
Participant
Participant

Post by Eagle »

Thanks, gentlemen for allowing me to think out loud here and for your replies. Guess I should have posted this under boats, motors, and electronics

Thanks again
Stayncharge
Participant
Participant

new

Post by Stayncharge »

Found someone looking at our products and thought I would come over and see your site. I do not have any dealers in your state but have a few people using our products and if i can help in any way to explain the products i will. Will not try to push the Stayncharge product here until i see the boards for awhile and I will also talk to the owners of the site before i go to far. So i am happy to be here and will stay around if I can help not just with my products but after 8 years of being aroung the fishing industry i can help with about any kind of wiring and charging problems anyone might have. Thanks Jim Payne
dskrizzy
Participant
Participant

Post by dskrizzy »

I was in touch with Jim just prior to fishing season last year. Good guy and was able to help me with the questions I did have. I had a couple of trips planned where I had no electricity available @ the docks. Looking for alternatives, I found his product through another forum.
At the end of the day, my setup had enough juice to get me through the full week w/out having to charge my trolling motor batteries up.
With saying that, having the ability to charge while on the road and to be able to get/maintain a charge off the main motor, is very appealing to say the least. Again, the impressions I have read have been nothing but favourable.

Thanks for popping over to these parts Jim.

Dennis
Stayncharge
Participant
Participant

batteries

Post by Stayncharge »

Dennis good to see you and hope all is well with you and yours. Let me know if we can do anything for you. Thanks