Ice Fishing 06/07 - let's see some of your favorite pics!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Ice Fishing 06/07 - let's see some of your favorite pics!

Post by Tip-up »

This season was one of the best yet with myself beating a few PB fish and catching at least 5 of every specie I set out on the ice for . This year took me to many new lakes, ponds and walks I would have never fished or hiked if it wasn't for some of ya :lol: I snapped hundreds of pictures and journaled them all. Some local reports I shared, while others I decided it was best to keep in my own personal journal for many reasons :wink:. Don't worry, your not missing much :wink: I wanted to share a couple of pictures from my ice season...It would be nice to see a few of yours :wink:

Watch out for my End of the Season Review with my many Thank You's..Il make sure to add pictures from a few outings I have not shared yet :wink: Here are a few pics...Don't wanna spoil the report :P

Bye Bye ice :cry:

:lol: Bring on walleye opener :!:

November 2006 - First skim of ice 8) Petrie

First ice fish on a small Aylmer pond - 3'' of ice

Crappie and Bluegill were very good to me. Caught 2 crappie at 13'' and another at 14''1/2

And in old Tip-up and Jig head fashion :lol: - Clam shots

Let's see yours!!

-Andrew
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Thanks for the report. Hard to believe that the ice season is over already. I know that on January 07 of this year, we were still fishing from shore. No ice, no snow. I was at the same spot yesterday afternoon, and it is very fishable from shore now.
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

Great pictures Tip-up, glad you had a great season. I am not much for winter but I did get out a few times and happened to catch a few fish. I looking forward to the soft water season, bring on the heat!!!! :lol:
Fishquest
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishquest »

Great pics tip-up. You sure had a great hard water season this year.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

It was also my best winter yet. I did better this year with 149 hours on the ice than I did last year with 240 hours on the ice. And my travels were very limited this year, thank God I had the 4-wheeler and Fishtrap setup.

Dan aka WB

By the way next winter somebody up there owes us at least an extra month of ice fishing. :) :)

Here's a picture of my biggest this year

here's one of my first outing, can't find the picture with my first crappy of the year but here is one of my buddys for the first outing.

Here is another good one this year
and a couple more
Last edited by Wallyboss on Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bts »

My son with a catch of walleye
Tenline with a nice Speckle
Zort, Hof and Matt at Baitcaster's derby
Matt, Billy, Shane and Shawn at the Baitcaster derby
Zort, King of the Mississippi Walleye
Nice 4.5 pound Speckle
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Hey tipup! Didnt fish with ya a lot this year but looks like you had a great ice fishing season grats :wink: Nice pics
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Glad to see you caught on BTS :lol: Nice bunch of walleye :!: Love the specs, frozen stiff or not :) Your going to have to get me on to some of them next winter :wink: Triple blindfolded is Ok although I would rather just the two :lol:

Replys are awesome guys..It was a great season indeed :!: Thanks
GetTheNet!!!
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GetTheNet!!! »

Great pics tip-up, you really let 'em have it this winter. You seem to have it down to a science. Look forward to your year in review.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I spent a lot of time last summer making preps as to where I was going to try this winter and it payed off in some aspects. I tried so hard for a 2lbs+ brookie..I cannot complain though, with hundreds of pannies, 9 pike, plenty of trout and roughly 60 walleye caught :wink:

Year in review? I still havn't posted my winter in review :lol: In another week or so :)
GetTheNet!!!
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GetTheNet!!! »

I'm looking forward to it. Done any more work on the 14 footer yet? Hows that project going?
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

nice!
Last edited by OBD on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

OK Tip Up I'll bite. I was looking for the right time to summarize the ice season. Looking back I have to admit I was a bit disappointed at the start of the season with the late start, yo-yo temperature swings and heavy snows before the cold snaps. I think the unsettled weather had the fish pretty scattered for the first few weeks of the season, then we really found some good patterns, and then the season was over :cry: .

Here's a few pics that are my favorites on the season, enjoy!

After posting these photos I realized I did not take a lot of pictures this year. Partially due to the camera freezing up in the extreme weather or for fear of the fish freezing before a good picture. Crazy year...and I can't wait until next season!

Tight Lines,

ratsotail
Fish'n Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fish'n Buddy »

Pretty good hardwater season for me too, was able to fish Petrie ALOT and caught tons of sauger and walleye, but found all but a few were under 2 lbs...This is my first season as a Fish Hawk member and it made my experience alot better....I was out on Crappie bay new years eve, and pickeral bay March 31st so I didn't have as short of a season as maybe some of you (that must be why I caught so much more then you guys!) :lol:
Hopefully over the summer, and into next winter I will get a chance to fish wish some more of you guys....tip-up and seaweed are the only too guys I got a chance to fish with, and if the rest of ya's are anything like them I will have to get out with some more of you....
Here's some of the pics that I have on my computer from THIS year, not 2005 eh wally boss :wink:

Well this is my pride and joy for this year, people still don't beleive me that I caught it on Crappie bay! First week of January

This is a typical limit that I was catchin throughout late January and February on Pickeral Bay...biggest is 1.9 lbs , smallest only 7 ounces

Another Limit, this one was out off pickeral point

Pickeral Bay

This was a nicer walleye, with a couple small sauger and a ling

March 31st...what a BEUTY day....three small pickeral (one was seaweeds)

That's a damn good dog...except jackel might not think so cause he peed on his sled! :lol: sorry again Jackel

March 31st, it was a BEUTY day...got a chance to fish with seaweed and he had the great idea to take all the scrap wood that was left on the ice and make a bonfire....not only will it save our outboards but it was a really nice way to end the season
Fish'n Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fish'n Buddy »

holy crap none of those pics worked eh??? geez i'm brutal on computers....you click Img...then copy and paste the URL off the photo gallery, then hit img again....right? most of you guys probably seen most the pics already, but the last pics from March 31st with the bonfire are really good, that's what i wanted you guys to see....feel free to give me a pointer on how to work it