Propane heater

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joseph
Participant
Participant

Propane heater

Post by joseph »

Have gone out only twice this year, but enjoyed both times. Especially our trip to Bay of Quinte. Wish to ice fish next season in style and comfort. Bought a four season 2 person tent, and a Mr. Buddy heater. in order to keep warm and dry while ice fishing. While both ends of the tent have zippered entrances and can be left partially open for ventilation, should I be concerned about the heater being left on into the night? My plan is to stay overnight on the ice. The tent is four feet high, four feet across and seven feet in length.
OTRA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OTRA »

First since it is a safety issue check your owners manual. That said, the Mr. Buddy I own is suppose to be safe for indoor use. With others it is an issue of 1) CO build up, which is deadly; and the 2nd is doesn't it turn off if it gets knocked over.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I don't think you should worry, But just make sure that the tipping feature on it works. and you could try to use it in a enclosed place (box) to see if the low O2 sensor works.
garzleflop
Participant
Participant

Post by garzleflop »

Hi

The heater's manual should tell you how big of an opening you need for ventilation. I know my little catalytic heater did. A tent should be pretty well ventilated on it's own though.