Constance lake report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Constance lake report

Post by Bender »

Sunday morning myself and my two youngest headed out to Constance lake for a couple of hours of perch and pike action on the advice of Bowzog. Drove out and set up where he told us and were into fish immediatey. A small snot rocket and quite a few perch. The boys were having fun.
After a couple of hours I look over to see the tip of my icefishing pole doing a little dance, went over set the hook gave a couple of turns of the reel and pass it off to one of my boys thinking it was another little pike. I walk to the truck to get my pliers when I hear Ben yell out " Dad it's huge, it's head is bigger than the hole!!!"

I look over to see the pole doubled in half and Ben's holding on to it with both hands as the line was just screaming out of it. I skoot over to make sure we're not getting spooled ans Ben fights it for another few minutes before handing it back to me. I got her turnred in the hole and I grab hold and pull her out. This fish was easily 40" + long and had a very considerable girth to it. By far the largest fish I've ever seen caught through the ice (mind you I don't do a lot of icefishing) and Ben was one happy camper. Unfortunately I forgot the camera at home as is always the case because I would have loved to have got a picture before putting it back.

Thanks again Bowzog for the advice, that's definitely the place to go with kids.

Brian
GetTheNet!!!
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GetTheNet!!! »

Congrats bender, too bad there was no pics, but you and the kids will be talking about that fish for years.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Just what i like to hear, another young fisherman that will be hooked on icefishing forever. :D :D :D

Congrats

Dad!!! don't worry about no picture, it will be engraved in there heads for a long time.
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Wow - huge! :shock:

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hey bender........great report bud. :P

constance lake is always constante in the bites...great little place to fo.

sad to see you did not had a picture but you could always do a little drawing..... :lol: :lol: ,,i saw here a cople off people that did this..if you remember it.. :lol: :lol:

thanks for sharing.

joco.
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

Congradulations to the young lad Bender - even without pictures these moments to remember get burned into our minds and are never forgotten. I'm sure he'll be anxious to go again at the next opportunity. Well Done.
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Way to go, a memory for a lifetime.
Bondo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bondo »

Awesome job. How is the ice thickness on Constance?
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

OUTSTANDING!!!!! :D .....I'm assuming the lunker was a pike? There's some real gators in there......but ya have to go through a lot of snot rockets to get one! Glad you and the young ones had a blast bud!! :)

oh yeah....and next time.......DONT FORGET THE CAMERA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Last edited by Gord on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Jair
Participant
Participant

Post by Jair »

Love hearing about the youngns catchin' big fish(or any fish). I was fishing this summer and had some friend's kids fishing with me on the dock. The youngest (6 yrs) hooks into a 4lb smallie. With her on the reel and myself on the rod we were able to land it..... with a lot of laughs and a few close calls in between....priceless! Glad you guys got to share that.
Great post.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

Congratulations to you and your kids! :D
Good to hear that there are good size northerns in that lake :D :D
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Good Job bender!!! To bad My daughter and I weren't able to make it!! Posibly head out on sunday if your up for it!

Denis
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

UGH!!!!! NO CAMERA!!!!! :shock:

We've all been there, done that. You have my sympathy! :wink:

However, would you rather have had the camera and caught tons of snot rockets, or left it home and have that moment with your kid & a trophy fish? I think there's a snapshot or two in your memory forever.

Great story.

W.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Hey bender

Thanks for sharing!!! Next time dont forget the camera :wink:

Nod
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hey Bender, Great job!! how exiting for all of you guys. This is a great way to spend a winter day!

how did the Jiffy work!
:)

cheers,
Daver