Is this Ice safe or not???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Is this Ice safe or not???

Post by almontefisher »

sorry did not work...I will try laterhttp://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s221 ... rmay12.flv
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

LMAO :lol: :lol:
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

how the hell would you start in the first place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Bottom Feeder ???????? Don't YOU carry a stepladder in your sled when you go ice fishing??? Actually they should have a setup like the oil rigs you start with one blade then when that one is in as far as it will go you attach a second one and then a third one. If its just one long blade, then you can't go out icefishing by yourself. Just imagine how long it would take them to clean out that hole after drilling it. You would have to get there 2 hours before you actually wanted to fish. Wonder how many lines they can put out in Nunavut. it's probably as many as you want cause the MNR knows that after each people drilling 2 holes they will be
done for the day. Imagine running and gunning up there.
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Unbefreakinbelievable :shock:
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Isn't it possible that the ice is of normal depth and they used a regular length auger to drill a hole through it?

Then once the hole was drilled, they used the 10 foot auger to make it look like it's deeper than it is by placing it in the hole and then starting it up. Then the camera starts recording them pulling it out.

As Wallyboss said, a step ladder could have been used but you don't see one.

:?:
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Mr.T I thought that as well until I saw the clip again...You can actually see them break thru the ice as they are drilling...As for the length all they did was drill until the blade was not long enough..remove the engine...add another length...attach the engine...drill etc..etc..
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

That makes sense.

Only one way to find out I guess.

Who's going to Nunavut? :lol:

Thanks Almontefisher for clearing that up.