Fish for a cure roll call!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Fish for a cure roll call!

Post by Tip-up »

Just wondering who plans on making it to the derby and where your thinking about fishing :?: ... It would be nice to meet a few new hawkers through out the day

Would not miss this event :D Should be out on Baitsop Bay somewhere...
Last edited by Tip-up on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Hey tip-up

Ill be there 4 sure just dont know which bay yet :shock: Hope to see alot of ppl there :wink:
OntheFly
Participant
Participant

Post by OntheFly »

Hi Tip-up,

I plan to attend with my son. His friend and father may join us. Never fished this location before, so I'll be sliding by the seat of my pants. I've only ice fished 3 times before. If you see someone struggling with a manual auger, that will probably be me.

I can feel the chill already. Dear, where's my woolies?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Onthefly, you won't be the only one struggling with the manual auger :lol: I was having trouble last weekend on my 4th or 5th hole ripping through almost 2 feet of ice :lol: Arms got a good work out :o

There will be plenty with gas augers who Im sure would not mind punching a few holes for you and your son..See ya Saturday :!:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I'll be there. Me and Iceman we'll be running and gunning all over Petrie.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

I will be there riding a red ARCTIC CAT 4 wheeler in a green survival suit. If you see me flad me down and say hello.
Cheers
JP
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

I'm in as well, I'II be fishing right next to tip-up & jig head,with all those reports that they have been posting lately i have to catch something eh!! boys i hope you can put me on some fish, hehehehehehehe :lol: hope to see ya down there and as for the holes don't worry as tip up said there will be guys down there to punch a couple for ya.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

I will be there. Most likely on crappy bay...
Fish'n Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fish'n Buddy »

Hey tip-up, I'll be out there with a buddy (and two of his friends I havin't met before) they're bringin a gas auger...They like to set up and wait in one spot, but I'll be probably all over from pike, to pickeral bay, and everywhere in between....The derby is over at 3 right? it's gonna be tricky gettin a walter to hit that early in the day....what's your strategy tip up?

walleye whacker
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Wallyboss wrote:I'll be there. Me and Iceman we'll be running and gunning all over Petrie.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

I'll be there :!: :wink:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I will be there to measure your fishes..... :D ...no fishing for me... 8) .

come say hi.......even if dont have a fish to register...

i will put a board wit fish measure so people can t come take alook and dont have to register a pike off one pound if there like 10 pike over that size already registerd.... :roll: (example).

hope to see you all.

joco. :)
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

FRS Radios

Post by Seaweed »

I think a really good suggestion to avoid fish being brought in for measurement would be to have some roving measurement folk with FRS radios and/or anglers with FRS radios can call in to find out latest biggest fish info.

If a big fish is caught it can be measured by the angler then checked by FRS radio on a set frequency to verify what the longest fish is that has been caught so far.

If the fish is to be measured then perhaps a judge can run to the location and take the measure and then the fish can be released.

The angler can lower the fish into the water and wait for the judge to come and measure.

FRS radios are common and if we establish a frequency then we will all know if we have a fish big enough to make it worth keeping for measure. This will help us not kill as many fish... except for people wanting to keep to eat...then it is up to you.

I will be there for sure.... unless work calls for overtime... I hope my boss isn't reading this... :twisted:
Last edited by Seaweed on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi

we all have a radio...we will have more then 8radio for sher....

but a juge to go see you fish on the place,,,,,,mm dont no....i magine we have all the petrie sector....walleywbay crappy bay bait shop bay etc etc etc.that is a very large sector to cover..and by the time a guy would come to you the fish might die waiting ,,not better then... :roll: . :? .

but its nice off you to guive some sudgestion.......thanks

you can go see the section..(rules) off the derby.
...........................................................................................................
...a recomandation.bring the fish in a bucket full off water or 1/2 full...to keep the fish as live as possible.

one more thing...we dont want to see a fish dead frozen.......it as to be live,,,,.ex,dont want a fish caught the night before or weekend before...

i have seen this in past derbys... :roll: :x .

it is hard to get all the stuff people are ready to do in a derby......but this is for a great cause.......people will be ok.

joco
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Just want to be sure!!!!

What if????? I catch a 20" walleye 5 minutes after setting up my FishTrap, what I usually do to keep my fish from freezing(cause i don't like filleting frozen fish) is a drill a hole beside my shack and i put my fish on a fish chain and then I put them back in the water. And I don't want to leave my spot as the walleyes are just coming in. So 1.5 hours later they stop biting so now I want to get my fish measured, but when I pull him out he is pretty much on it's last breath, will the fish get disqualified cause it will be obvious if the fish just died.

Dan

I don't mind coming to the tent to get the fish measured but I don't want have to leave a bite to go do it.!!

I am not complaining just want to make sure that i understand all the rules. Cause I would hate to catch a 17 lbs walleye and not be able to enter it in the Derby :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dan aka WB
Last edited by Wallyboss on Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.