WFN on Bell

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

WFN on Bell

Post by ady »

Saw WFN on Bell last night - channel 419. No signal though, looks like there is a freebie on till Jan then you have to pay. Don't know what package it is in yet.

Anyone else have any info???
Placide
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Placide »

I've got WFN on my Rogers and man does my wife hate it, everytime I can't find something to watch I flip it on and she just rolls her eyes at me. Good thing we have more than one tv.
BlueWolf
Participant
Participant

Post by BlueWolf »

HEY Folks

Yes they are currently offering a free preview of WFN and a couple other Stations .

You do need to have access to NIMIQ 2 programming to have it
(need to hit two satelites as it is pulled from the high def satelite)

It will be included in Sports 3 when they get the flyers made .

1-888-SKY-DISH

:lol: Your Friendly Bell Fisherman

any questions about it fire me an email or pm thanks
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

I was lead to believe it was more of an Outdoors network which covered both fishing and hunting and other outdoor activities.

May be wrong though.
fishwhenIcan
Participant
Participant

Post by fishwhenIcan »

I have only seen fishing on it...That and the adds for the three sided battery powered roller broom. The boys loved the pro taurpin tour with 175lb fish....My wife also rolls her eyes too when we switch.
And who could ever turn the channel when Bob Izumi is doing some Real fishing!!
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

I just checked with Bell and I need the NIMIQ2 upgrade, $90, just to be able to get the channel and then another subscription when it comes online. Bell really sow things up eh....
BlueWolf
Participant
Participant

Post by BlueWolf »

You betcha they always have all the bases covered $5 price for the pack starts feb 1st

here is what will be in the pack

Channel 404 - “GOLTV”

Channel 419 – “WFN”

Channel 389 – “WLDTV”

Channel 390 – “FIGHT”

Channel Descriptions

GOLTV: Experience Soccer
GOLTV is Canada 's only 24-hour sports network dedicated exclusively to soccer. Led by live coverage of the world's best teams and best players, GOLTV delivers 1,500 games a year -- more than you'll see anywhere else. With live league action from Spain , Italy and Brazil , GOLTV is home to soccer's biggest stars: Beckham, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Nedved, Robinho, Vieri, Totti, Raul, Adriano and many more. Fans can also enjoy league action from Colombia , Uruguay , Bolivia , Guatemala , Honduras , Ecuador and El Salvador . Anchored by GOLTV News, a nightly soccer news highlights and information show, GOLTV delivers a lineup of soccer-dedicated programming for the true fan. GOLTV is also home to UEFA Cup qualifying action, World Cup Qualifiers and Brazilian Cup coverage. Experience soccer on-line at GOLTV.ca.

The Fight Network
Welcome to The Fight Network: North America ’s First and Only 24-hour specialty television channel dedicated to giving fight fans what they have been waiting for! A front row seat for all the hard-hitting action, news and entertainment from around the fight world, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year!

The Fight Network's programming mandate is to deliver the best of boxing, wrestling, mixed martial arts, and other combatant styles along with top-notch “fight theme” movies, documentaries, and television series. The Fight Network also airs special events and news related shows exclusive to the channel, making The Fight Network the ultimate television destination for fight fans. “Its show time fight fans, your channel has arrived!”

Wild TV
Wild TV is the only Canadian network dedicated 24-hours a day, seven days a week to every single aspect of hunting, fishing, conservation and the outdoors. Wild TV provides a daily escape for Canada 's 8 million sportsmen and women, with a programming line up that features only the best producers and top programs. Our goal is to instill the enthusiasm and ethics of outdoor sportsmanship amongst a new generation of Canadian hunters and fishermen, while celebrating the magic of the Canadian wilderness.

WFN- World Fishing Network: Get Hooked
Get hooked on the only network dedicated 24-hours a day, seven days a week to every single aspect of fishing. WFN provides a daily escape for Canada ’s 4 million recreational and sport fishing enthusiasts, with a programming lineup that covers all aspects of angling, in five distinct programming blocks. International Waters gives viewers an instant passport to adventure, featuring the world’s top fishing destinations. Ultimate Fishing is the home of competitive fishing in Canada , with coverage of the best tournaments and tours. School of Fish is an instructional and lifestyle block that appeals to fishing enthusiasts of all ages. All-Canadian Fishing features the best fishing shows from the Great White North, including Canada ’s fishing icon, Bob Izumi. American Angling gives viewers access to some of the most popular programs from south of the border. WFN is the exclusive home of the FLW Tour in Canada . Get hooked on-line at www.wfn.tv .
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

I love WFN and my wife watches it with me and doesnt complain.
Brit
Participant
Participant

Post by Brit »

So what is involved in getting this NIMIQ2 upgrade?

Do I need to get another box or is it done by them downloading something to my satellite box?

This is just typical of Bell...money grabbing Bas*ards :evil:
BlueWolf
Participant
Participant

Post by BlueWolf »

:lol: perhaps they are .... :lol:

Nimiq 2 requires the upgrade kit wich is 90 and requires a change to your wiring

give sky dish a call
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

If I purchase a new HD PVR system will it include the NIMIQ2 upgrade. Don't have TV right now, but WFN would make me purchase a fishing feed for my HD home theater. :wink:

Not to mention I would get to watch my favorite fishing show - The NextBite with Pete Maina, Gary Parsons and Keith Kavajecz. :)

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Paul Shibata
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Paul Shibata »

Sheldon,

There you go with the walleye stuff again, hasn't someone already told you that there's life after walleye fishing?

LOL!!!

Glad to see you back,

Paul
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pepe »

Hey Sheldon - you should be good to go with your new PVR. I also recently upgraded to the Bell PVR 9200 along with my new 52" Samsung HDTV and let me say "WOW". You will be impressed.

Can't wait to see you on tv on the PWT going for gold - that will be on the PVR for sure.

Much like Paul states, there is a life out there for you "troller's" :lol:

Pepe

P.S. - will I be running into you this fall down through the "Reach" for the fall passage of 'eyes? I need some guidance for open water trolling for deep golden eye's.
BlueWolf
Participant
Participant

Post by BlueWolf »

Definatly go for the 9200 dual tuner (only one high def) full pvr with one hour buffer at all times and contains all the gear to rig you up with no xtra purchases ........

just add the package after feb 1st

:wink:

hope that helps eye tracker