CHRISTIE LAKE SATURDAY

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
TheHound
Participant
Participant

CHRISTIE LAKE SATURDAY

Post by TheHound »

Getting up at 4 a.m. Saturday morning to get out with the oldest son. Looks like it might be a decent day weather/temp wise. Will be back Saturday evening with a Post and any pictures I can get my son to take. To everyone out there that is going fishing..... have a great fishing day and "Tight Lines"
TheHound
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

4:00 A.M. :shock:

A true fisher/predator you are Hound.
Bonne chance!!
TheHound
Participant
Participant

CHRISTIE LAKE SATURDAY MORNING

Post by TheHound »

Pickerel Paul and all Fish-Hawkers
Well you really have to love fishing and getting out in the great outdoors to get up that early that's for sure. Unfortunately the drive from Ottawa to Christie Lake got us out there shortly after daybreak. We were hoping to be at the "G-spot" just before the sun was rising.
As it turned out the bite was not so good right at the beginning but improved as time went on and I only managed hooking a few little small-mouth bass. My Son however started catching fish in earnest. Mostly in the 2 lb range and by mid-day had caught 10 fish. (No photos). Myself, well I only managed a pike but lots of bites but unable to set hook quick enough. My son took a picture of it and sent it to me by e-mail but I have not mastered the art of transposing it into the Forum post. I'll have to read up on the procedure. But, thats it pretty much. It's my first report and hopefully my next one will be more informative. Until then take care all.
TheHound
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

The G-Spot :lol:

I' m glad you had a good time.
My mother introduced me to fishing, too. I caught my first fish (Rock Bass).
I remember she rowed the 16' cedar strip, while trolling.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Great first report! :) Can't wait to see the pic!
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hiya "Hound".

My husband & I used to get up early (pre kids) to go fishing. Except for tag-teaming it, we haven't done that in years. Of course the little ones get us up early enough (TOO EARLY!) but it's not for fishing, just playing!

So you got out there with your son and had some mediocre fishing; but it still sounds like a GREAT DAY.

Looking forward to your next report, and hope you can learn the knack of posting pics. Once you do it a time or two, it's easy.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Slop Jock
Participant
Participant

The Hound and the Broken Rod

Post by Slop Jock »

:lol:

Hey Pops!!!
Awesome post, notice you didn't include your deceased ultralight!!! hahahah. Soon time for the river!!!!

Rob
TheHound
Participant
Participant

CHRISTIE LAKE SATURDAY

Post by TheHound »

Hey Slop Jock, Wolfe, Bowzog, Pickerel Paul.
I just knew that I would ACCIDENTALY miss something on my first report.
My Son "Slop Jock" brought it to my attention so I had better clarify his news release.
I accidentaly hooked up on the bottom of Lake Christie and inadvertently put too much pressure on my rod and determined very quickly the center of the rod because that's where it snapped. I don't know what happened because I had just finished catching a fairly nice Pike and maybe, just maybe I thought it was another one. Anyway thanks for all the nice comments about the report and I'm going to try to insert the picture of the pike in this posting. Hope it works and to everyone reading this good fishing.
Nope.....I can't seem to reduce the size of the picture to the acceptable size so.....back to the drawing board.
TheHound
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Welcome to the board, Slop Jock. Seems you will fit right in with the rest of the crowd here at FH.Net. 8) :lol:

Nice to see some father / son ribbing going on....

....but sorry about your broken rod, Hound!! :roll: At least we know you've got a great hookset. :wink:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Slop Jock
Participant
Participant

Post by Slop Jock »

:lol:
Thanks there guys! Any day fishin with your dad is a great day! I must admit I have more than a few Berkley Series One's laying on the bottom of Christie Lake.
I saw a post earlier on a launch up by Arnprior and that there are some good size bass up on the Mad river. I have a 19 foot Tracker Tundra, which is the safest launch for me to drop it in? I would love to give it a shot.
Thanks.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Great first report Hound, always makes me smile to see the family type outings. Makes me wish my old man was still around to enjoy some of the simpler pleasures in life. Slop Jock be kind to the old man and let him come up on top once in a while :wink:

(Hound, teach that whipersnapper how it's done). :lol: