Mississippi Lake Where to go?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Mississippi Lake Where to go?

Post by Troller »

Hi Fish'n folk,
I am going to be on Mississippi Lake for a week. I do not know the lake all that well. I will be staying close to Innsville around Big Lake. Just wondering where some good spots are on the lake to try. I like fishing all types of fish. I have a couple of little boys that love to fish. (I wonder where they get that from?) They will be with me. I would appreciate some help.
Cheers,
Dave :roll:
Buzzer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Buzzer »

I launched from a conservation area in the area you mentioned. Right at the mouth of the stream, (you go out to the lake from the launch via a small stream/river), where it meets the lake, lots of pan fish and small pike/bass action. Straight across to the islands I heard Walleye are to be found, but due the windy day I was there I didn't make it :oops:

The launch at the conservation area, (wish I could remember the name, maybe somebody else can help here), would most likely not be good for any big boats though.

Buzzer
DrB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DrB »

There is a nice launch at the 9th concession road in Innisville. I don't think there is a name, but you can't miss it.
Roberto "DrB" Briones
http://drboutdoors.wordpress.com
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @DrBOutdoors
http://www.kaao.ca
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Hello Dave,
I fish the lake almost every day....just got in from fishing and managed 6 walleye working the big lake from after 6:30pm til dusk. Your best bet would be working weed-lines along the North and West shores of the big lake. The weed-lines start pretty far out from shore in about 12-15 feet of water. You can see the weeds in the water or feel the weeds with your jig, worm and weight etc. Work the waters where the weeds are just starting to form (Weed-line). You should catch Bass, Pan Fish, Perch, Pike and Walleye in the area.

Good luck.

-et
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Daver - you can catch a bass just about anywhere you can hit the water with your bait - finding a fish of some sort should not be an issue, especially if you have a can of real worms.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

:lol: Hi Guys,
Just want to say it was a great week. My sons caught fish until they were bored. all gamefish were released unharmed.

Thanks again,
Daver :lol:
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

:lol: Hi Guys,
Just want to say it was a great week. My sons caught fish until they were bored. all gamefish were released unharmed.

Thanks again,
Daver :lol: