Any Special trips planned this year ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Any Special trips planned this year ?

Post by tinbanger »

I don't mean the usual spots but those places you are either planning for or hoping to get at this season.
With the new boat on its way I hope we can hit the following , not in any particular order

Niagara River , just for the experince
Bay of Quinte -
Schooner lakes - used to have weekend trips thier with my dad some 30 years ago.
Ottawa River
Erie - can't seem to catch Simcoe Smallies
Kawartha lakes area

The new boat and particularly a new trailer ( tired of roadside bearing repairs :evil: ) will give us a bigger range for sure .
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

Tbanger...if you're gonna hit the Ottawa...ya gotta hit the RUMBLE 06...."Showdown on the Ottawa",,,,it's not a tournament....it's a happening ;-)
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Although I was there last year (for the 1st time) I am planning on getting back to Charleston in the spring with Brian, the kids and my brother. That lake really made an impression on me. Can't wait to take another crack at it, knowing a little more this time a round.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

Wolfe....we better see you and Brian....(the photo shy guy) at the RUMBLE this year! :wink:
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Mikey wrote:Tbanger...if you're gonna hit the Ottawa...ya gotta hit the RUMBLE 06...."Showdown on the Ottawa",,,,it's not a tournament....it's a happening ;-)

yeye rumble 2006. I had an awsome time with jim but my fishing sucked hard. :cry:
Northamfishing Tackle
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hiya Mikey.

Living a few hours away has its drawbacks for sure. :? But as the kids are getting older, we are getting more mobile. So there is hope...!

W.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

I just had my trip, me and some friends went to Nippissing for the weekend through a guid service up there. We had 2 4 man huts (small hunting camps on ice). Beautiful up there lots of great weather and 53 walleye in 3 days between 6 of us.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Some big muskies swimming around those waters, orrsey! My brother's favorite lake, and favorite place on earth, is Nippissing.

I can never remember how to spell Nippissing...Nipissing...Nippising...!!!! :lol:

Anyway, sounds like a good time.

W.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Orrsey... Any report coming from your trip? Which guide service you used? Don't want to hijack thread, if your not going to post a report from your trip, could you possibly PM me with the guide service you used, and average size of fish and any other details you would like to give up... that would be cool...

Thanks in Advance....
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

yes nippissing is beautiful , spent 12 years of my youth fishing the big N.

Big muskie , pickeral are plentiful and the perch run in North Bay is awesome

However the big trip this year will be the third annual fly in out of temegami to c.w. lake , cant beat the price and the scenery and the fishing

Lakeland airways

worth looking up

cheers Muskymatt
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

fatluke,
For sure I will, the fish areraged about 20-22 inches probably. Lots of herring and the odd white fish caught too. I plan to due a report when I have a minute to put the pics up. The guy we went to was Rob Hyatt of Rob's Fishing Charters & Ice Bungalows. Very nice man, the staff are very accomodating, they are out to see you 3-4 times a day and basically will bring you anything you need. Free minnows, ice shacks have propane heat and lights, and transpertation to and from the hut. And I thought it was very fair at $150 a person for 3 days and two nights of that type of fishing in that type of comfort.
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

I'll be fishing northern Quebec as usual but there's a twist this year, I'll be running a couple of schools. - 1st week of August on the Gouin at Nemio and the third week of August at the exclusive Club Rudy.

If you have vacation time available then consider joining us.

Lot's of seminars and on the water explanations. I've also just hooked up with the FLW's sonar expert (pro) Dr. Bruce Samson and his GPS -Sonar videos will be on the agenda.

I also have a trip to Alberta planned to fish Lesser Slave once again.

McQ
Last edited by McQ on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Thanks for the info Orrsey.... Me and the boys want to do a trip very similar to yours... I'm looking forward to your report and I am looking into Rob's Fishing Charters & Ice Bungalows as we speak..

Thanks again...
Lunkerlurker
Participant
Participant

Post by Lunkerlurker »

Hey Mickey do you have any date figured out for the Rumble this year?

With all the tourneys on the Ottawa river it's gonna get crowded in the Lochaber bay :shock: :roll:
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

Lunkerlurker wrote:Hey Mickey do you have any date figured out for the Rumble this year?
With all the tourneys on the Ottawa river it's gonna get crowded in the Lochaber bay :shock: :roll:
Lurker,
we've already targeted some potential dates that don't conflict with the tourney schedules. This years theme has been officially named
The RUMBLE in Rockland 06 "Showdown on the Ottawa". I'll be making the trip down in the near future to begin the organizing. We're also considering a RUMBLE 06 opener event at a different location.... if there's any interest. :wink: