Watch out Gary Yamamoto

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Watch out Gary Yamamoto

Post by fishmaster »

I decided I would do something useful this winter and pour my own Senko's. I finally got all my supplies in and the shop set-up with everything I needed and tonight was my first pour. My first bait looked good but it had air pockets inside.Image
I then figured out the technique I needed and got my color right for some Black with Red Fleck.Image
I then switched to black with blue fleck and managed to get a few good pours.Image
I tested these out in a pail of water and I compared them with some of the baits on the market and I have the same action as a Yum Dinger and a Right Bite Cinko. I would like to get the same fall rate as a tiki-stik so I have to adjust my salt ratio to get it just right. It's actually real easy to do after a few test runs and I now have something to look forward to this winter :D ( As you can tell I really really really hate ice fishing :) )
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

I didn't realize the pictures were so dark. I will try to get some better ones tomorrow or if someone knows how to brighten them up please feel free :x
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

Good lookin stuff FM!! I'll have to buy a few off ya when you've "perfected" the technique hehehehe!! :wink:
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pepe »

FISHMASTER!!!!! The proud new sponsor of Petawawa Bassmasters :lol: :lol:

Bring some with you Marty to the next meeting . Glad to see everything arrived and you got sorted out.
lub0
Participant
Participant

Post by lub0 »

Fishmaster, can you please tell me where did you get the supplies?
Thanks a lot!
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

FM yu'ore gonna find it to be addicting, and thus expensive, but soooo fun... i got lucky and found my way into a tackle shop or 2 for next spring :lol:

I've been pouring for a few months now.. 5" stix, 3" worms, split tail zippers and lizards... by far my favourite colour

good luck and have fun...
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Hey Spanky that colour is awsome. Have you ever added red and black fleck to that. If you don't mind giving away your secret recipe for that colour could you PM it to me. I love any green colours I can find and Ithink that would be awsome with red flake(or copper,or blue, or purpleetc.etc.etc :lol: )
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Wow I never really considered pouring my own plastics! Can some one help me out as to what supplies I would need and where to get them??/ I wouldnt be looking to sell them to tackle shops but perhaps just take up a new hobby, and a useful one at that!
orrsey
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

I think that green is the best color too. I love it and have had a lot of success with it. Don't tell anyone though. It'll be our little secret. :shock:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

tried "senkos" a couple times last year and caught a nice 3.5lb smallie on the green ones. :)

chris