Kid Fishing - Remembering the Past

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Kid Fishing - Remembering the Past

Post by Relic »

Earlier in the week my kids were buggin me to take them out fishing, with very little free time during the week, I had promised to take them out for a fish/swim on Sunday.

As my luck would have it Sunday was not the greatest day to be on the water with the kids :( Lightning, thunder, rain, wind, none of this was going to keep me from my promise. I packed the kids up along with some snacks, drinks, bobbers and worms and off we went. I decided to take them to the place where my roots in fishing began. It's a nice little sheltered spot that I could park the car at so if the rain came down (which it did) we could simply hop in the car and wait it out over snacks and drinks :)

after baiting my wee lady's hook and casting it out I knew we were in for some fun. As soon as that bobber hit the water it just kept on going :D

The result, Kassidy with a couple of the many sunfish she caught that day.

Along with all the sunnies there were many small perch and a couple of mini largies, but none of them got her as excited as those sunfish :D

While we were busy with the panfish my young lad was busy casting around (for you Wolfe) non other than a Tiny Torpedo :wink: He was having a tough time catchin any thing so I came to give him some guindance. I instructed him to cast into this opening in the weeds and slowly pop the torpedo. About to pops into it I could see a wake coming through the weeds :D I told him to be ready cause there is a fish coming. I dont think he believed me until there was a splash and his Torpedo was gone. After a good tussle with the fish (and the weeds) Chris lands this nice little pike.

Watching them catch all these fish and have such a great time relly put a smile on my face :D It also reminded me of all the times I had spent there as a kid with my dad learning the ropes. I hope they will look back and rember these times aswell.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Man just amazing what a day like that does for the whole fam bro!!!!!

Loved readin that post, and man nothin better than gettin the youngin's into a fishy or 2 :D

Man great report bro!

Also drop me a line, I aint workin @ the same spot anymore.We need to head out bro!

F.F
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Hey Relic great report. Always nice to see the young one's picking up our sport. It's funny how quick they catch on, and days like that will be remembered for years to come (for both you and your kids).

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

awww nice pics ty for sharing
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Great outing, memories forever.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

:D sounds like an awesome day of fishing....beauty pike.........i remember the past... :lol:
yff
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

nothing beats the smile on a youngin's face!

:D
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Relic,

OMG, those 2 kids are too stinkin' cute!!!!

You know, I still get excited when I catch a nice, round sunfish. They fight like little bulls & look like rainbows with fins. So I'm with Kassidy on that!

Great job with the Tiny Torpedo, too. That's a great fish for a young boy! WTG, Chris!

Fun day, weather aside. Always make the best of things, for your kids...and you did just that.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Kingmann
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Kingmann »

Great pics and report Relic.

Today has been a bit trying at work and the smile on your daughters face just put a smile on mine! Thank her for me. (And thank you)

JasonM
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice pick Relic your kids gone a have memory for the rest of there life about that outing and congratulation to your son with that nice pike and your daughter as well with here sunfish and allways nice to see kids interested in fishing.