Watching downloaded videos

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Watching downloaded videos

Post by Cyber »

:? :? :? I downloaded those two "insane" videos this morning (mako shark eating tarpon, and huge communist catfish) but I'm having a problem trying to watch 'em!! They downloaded without a hitch but when I play them the picture is all distorted: the background is orange & red, and the objects (people, fish) are green & blue??? It's like looking through a freakin' pair of X-ray night vision goggles!!! The audio works fine but the video portion is downright annoying!!!! Anybody have any idea what I'm doing (or NOT doing) wrong???? I'd really like to see them!!! THANX :!: :!: :!: (P.S. : I have the latest version of Windows Media so I don't think that's my problem, although I'll readily admit I don't know how to use it!!) :( :? :cry:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

cyber,

that's happened to me on one or two occasions. I don't know why it occurs or how to fix it, but I think my hubby might. I'll check and if I get an answer that's 1/2 way understandable, I'll relay it to you.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
hoeboe
Participant
Participant

Post by hoeboe »

are you positive that you have the "latest" version of WMP10? though i am sure that no matter what version you have that it should work, i have seen vids not play.

you could also go to www.downloads.com and get yourself a new player that will play everything. if you still notice the colours are off then it may be a problem with your video card/ (highly unlikely).

most problems with video have to do with the absents of the proper CODEC.