TEAM 28

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: TEAM 28

Post by cprince »

Thank you Brufan for that hilarious synopsis, but contrary to what some may think the only thing I was watching burn this weekend was a bunch of logs on a fire.

Here is what everyone should get out of this thread if you chose to read it:

1 - Use the "Ignore" button.

2 - For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

3 - There is a club in here that consists of old boys that I was never invited to.

4 - You are all a bunch of nuts.

5 - We need Paul to be a moderator.

Craig
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

CN wrote:
Pembrokespanky wrote:

By all means please put me on Ignore, it would spare me from reading your all-knowing elitist drivel. The reason my post count isn't where it "should be" is because I have avoided posting anything other than general questions, as this site has a very definite "boys club" among its members. Apparently when certain members speak up in a thread we are supposed to bow and kiss their rings, my apologies, with my low post count I wasn't aware of this.

How many new members have posted here asking about good fishing spots (Egad!!) only to be ridiculed because he wasn't aware of the CODE of the club and ask suck a pretentious question? Might provide you with a Dr. Laura/Martha Stewart/Dr. Phil kinda mojo to call someone out, but with every action comes an equal and opposite reaction.

I've chatted with a few folks here who were very helpful and didn't have an arrogant attitude about them, but I will certainly try much harder in the future to UP my post counts so that my opinion counts too.

Thank you for straightening me out, I will now surf and post on Fish-Hawk knowing my place. :roll:

You are definitely right about one thing...its just the internet and in the big picture WGAF...
PSpanky

As someone once said " I can explain it to you I cant make you understand it". I said I considered ignoring you but would never do that -
otherwise you might miss my elitist drivel. You seem to have taken this thread to heart which was I was remarking on.

I keep hoping the mods (hey Craig) would delete some of my posts. I would get extra internet bonus points that I could use in borrowing the FHawk jet (I still need to to hit 10,000 posts before I can even get on the Jet List).

X2 on the " I can explain it to you I cant make you understand it".
Guy doesn't listen.. :roll:

I used to think there was a "Boys club" within Fish hawk.. There really isn't once they see your face at one of Ed's Thursday night (A)ngler's (A)nonymous They'll treat you like anyone else :lol: :lol: Not sure if it's a good idea anymore.. :? :P
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Pembrokespanky wrote:
The reason my post count isn't where it "should be" is because I have avoided posting anything other than general questions, as this site has a very definite "boys club" among its members.
Nobody should be holding back from posting in fear of being ridiculed. The only time that happens is when a first time poster asks for a "hot" fishing spot... and it's usually for brookies.

There are ALWAYS going to be people who get along better with other people. That's human nature. But if you want to feel more involved, just post more.

At this point, you guys are just taking shots at each other, nothing good can come from that. Take some deep breaths... and focus on the real story -----> NOBODY HAS COMMENTED ON THE FACT THAT THEY WERE BLANKED ON DAY 2. Which is phenomenal, that they brought that up themselves. That's the kind of self-deprecating stuff I REALLY respect.

Cheers,

E
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

lapointeric wrote:
There are ALWAYS going to be people who get along better with other people. That's human nature. But if you want to feel more involved, just post more.

At this point, you guys are just taking shots at each other, nothing good can come from that. Take some deep breaths... and focus on the real story -----> NOBODY HAS COMMENTED ON THE FACT THAT THEY WERE BLANKED ON DAY 2. Which is phenomenal, that they brought that up themselves. That's the kind of self-deprecating stuff I REALLY respect.

Cheers,

E
When I have some time, I'll post the story of that second day. It's a good one. 8)
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7