Tracker Boats!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

MLR wrote:Some facts that I have observed reading this thread

- You agreed to buy a used demo boat that you identified as having dents, scrapes, scratches before transferring the ownership

- The Bass Pro dealer made the repairs to the boat, obviously to your satisfaction at the time 5 years ago

- Tracker Marine is refusing the warranty claim on their limited warranty, because the boat had been previously not repaired properly 5 years ago when the boat first had been structurally compromised.

Questions

Help me understand how long should hull repairs be guaranteed for?

Do you have copies of all the work orders including the one from the first hull repair?

How much of a discount did they give you for buying a damaged demo boat? This is kind of irrelevant but I am curious.

Speculations
Your insurance company is going to come back and say the same thing that Tracker warranty has, "not our problem that a botch repair job didn't hold up"

You are going to have to take Bass Pro Shops Toronto to small claims court with an argument based on the fact that they told you that all factory warranties would still be covered even though the boat had hull damage at the time of purchase. I really hope that this was noted on the bill of sale cause if not your risk of losing just went up.

Advice

- Be cautious of publicly going after the wrong company until they have been proven at fault. They might come after you with a liable or slander suit. Don't forget they can afford more lawyers than you can.

Personal Opinion that means nothing in the grand scheme of things

- you should have went with your first instinct and walked away from the deal.

Also if you do take this to court, can you let us know when and where the court appearance is. I would love to come down and watch the proceedings.
You should read it again because you read it wrong, it had paint flaking off the hull and scratched up decals, how does that add up to hull damage they repainted and decaled the boat, and never here have i slandered anyone, but only stated facts, read it again!
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Fair enough, I retract the comment about the boat being damaged prior to purchase with the exception of the paint peeling off and decals needing replaced.

You still have not disclosed the value of the discount and seem to accept no responsibility for agreeing to purchase a used demo boat that had visible defects.

I didn't say that you had slandered anyone, I suggested to be cautious not to slander.

Take it on the chin as lessons bought last longer than lessons taught.

The fact still remains that at some point in the last 5 years, the boat had not been repaired properly by someone other than the manufacturer. In order to be successful in court you are going to need to prove that Bass Pro Shops Toronto either filled the cracks with bondo or ought to have known that the boat had been damaged and repaired before it was returned to the dealership for sale. I don't believe you can prove this if someone damaged the boat and then had it repaired elsewhere before taking it back to them.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Tracker Boats!!!!

Post by CNs »

walleyemen wrote: You should read it again because you read it wrong, it had paint flaking off the hull and scratched up decals, how does that add up to hull damage they repainted and decaled the boat, and never here have i slandered anyone, but only stated facts, read it again!

here are your words
walleyemen wrote:Purchased a boat from the tracker marine at bass pro shops in June/05.Boat was a demo model used at Ontario place for the boat show, I was told boat was in as new condition and that all new warranty’s applied. When I went to pick the boat up I found the boat to be damaged, scratches, decals rubbed off and 2 patches of paint flaked off on both sides of the hull. Told the dealer I did not want the boat, but after some negotiations tracker marine agreed to repaint and decal the boat in the fall after the fishing season. Returned the boat in the fall and there repair guy Grumpy repainted and decaled the boat.
One can see the word damaged. They must have made some deal if you were walking away from the deal then agreed to it.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

My statement clearly shows that i purchased a demo, that had some decal and paint issues,regardless of how much i saved, iwas given in writting a as new boat warranty, i know i never damaged this boat, it was my baby and first new boat purchase, that being said my insurance will investigate and give me a decision whether it be good or bad, hopehully no one else has to have a expereince like this themselves.
Cheers Wayne
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

It's a nightmare Wayne!!!....I feel for ya bud!!!.....please keep us posted!