Bass Season Opener 26th of June

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

sorry about that it had an error when i put it on the first time, it was released. i put it in the livewell to bring it home for a pick then released it. it couldn't possibly be good to eat at that size
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

moonshine wrote:PM with pic sent to BA
Come on Shiny!! Share with the WHOLE class!!

:D :D :D

Love to see these pigs. I have been fishing for a bunch of years and have yet broke a nickle!!! (Although I am hopeful about this years prospects... secret lakes and all...)

Still have not hit Stump Lake... I think it was RJ who promised that I would get my nickle out of there...

Craig
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

pic is posted on page 3 of the thread cprince
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

moonshine wrote:Image
If that is a 7-pounder, we'll use your scale at tournaments.

GG
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

GuinnessGuy wrote:
moonshine wrote:
If that is a 7-pounder, we'll use your scale at tournaments.

GG
Come on GG... play nice!!!

Pictures can cut both ways... make a little fish look huge or a big fish look tiny.

Lighting, angles, distance from the lenses... Freakishly small people or big people... Big heads - small hands...

Take the man at his word. Although he IS a fisherman!
:D

Craig
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Moonshine - I can relate - I like bass fishing, esp smallies... just not a big fan of slop and weed fishing myself... and I always prefer Laker fishing.
BTW, that's a decent bass for sure.

Last year on Bass opener, I was jigging lake trout for the morning... I caught a few bass in the PM on the ride back to the launch.
This year will be same - AM will likely be targeting lakers if the conditions are right, then switch to bass in the PM or when the trout bite slows.

It's not that bass are inferior, once Lake Trout closes, still almost 3 months of bass season remains and I target them more in the fall - until deer season.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

well i shouldnt have slammed the bass fisherman, i guess. i just don't appreciate them the way some do. but at the same time, not everyone feels the same as i do about lake trout.
kunobasski
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by kunobasski »

4.75 differential 5.7 pounds

How?

math avg. statistical assumption equation. first year M.I.T. fun numbers.

The eventual sum, though indicated by an average cross reference of over 327 north American cultures, and differentially subject to the equated similarities to that of a small mouth bass, continually prove a weight determination of that in character of the said fish.

Though arguably very presumptuous, the numbers favor probability in all related controlled and unrestricted matter.

One question though?

All digital cameras from 2000 on come with a self updated time count on the display.

Your picture indicates that this particular fish was caught while ice fishing on the opening day of trout for many lakes in eastern ontario?

Jan 1st 2004......

What I'm I missing?

Deep Fried Bass Lips.....the choice of Fish Hawk.
Last edited by kunobasski on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

kunobasski wrote:4.75 differential 5.7 pounds

How?

The eventual sum, though indicated by an average cross reference of over 327 north American cultures, and differentially subject to the equated similarities to that of a small mouth bass, continually prove a weight determination of that in character of the said fish.

Though arguably very presumptuous, the numbers favor probability in all related controlled and unrestricted matter.

One question though?

All digital cameras from 2000 on come with a self updated time count on the display.

Your fish indicates that this particular fish was caught while ice fishing on the opening day of trout for many lakes in eastern ontario?

Jan 1st 2004......

What I'm I missing?

Masterpiece right there... 8) 8)
smokercraft
Participant
Participant

Post by smokercraft »

My thoughts exactly... Wearing long pants, sweater indoors in July, time stamp on pic is New Years (trout opener on most lakes in the area) and by looking at the colorization of the fish it clearly shows that it is not alive and has been dead for at least a few hours. On top of that, its dark outside which would indicate somewhere around 9:00 - 10:00 at night if its in the summer.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Delete Whole Thread.

The End.

RJ
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

Please do. NOw its a "Is it dead" thread.

DELETE THREAD
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

I'm going back home that weekend for my sister and fiances stag and doe.
Luckily he's a big fisherman so Saturday we'll be out on Guelph Lake slaughterin smallies :D
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

kunobasski wrote:4.75 differential 5.7 pounds

How?

One question though?

Your picture indicates that this particular fish was caught while ice fishing on the opening day of trout for many lakes in eastern ontario?

Jan 1st 2004......

What I'm I missing?

Not on any side here but I know I wear a jacket like that in July with jeans all the time. It gets chilly in the evening and buggy...Now as for the date and no offense to Moonshine but how many older guys know how to fix the date on their camera's or set up their VCR times to stop flashing 12:00...12:00......12:00... I can have mine show any date and time I like by going into the settings.

But you could also be right Kuno!!!
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL