Please Everyone!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Time to upgrade that 25hp motor.

What, you were all thinking it. :P OK, maybe it was just me. :oops:

Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
Sugar has lumps,
And so does your ... colar bone.

Get well soon.

M.T. Livewell
Last edited by M.T. Livewell on Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your such a loser MT....
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts guys. I really appriciate it. Details of the crash; We were driving down county road 1 to the boat launch in Rideau Ferry and only about 2 or 3 mins. from there :roll: when the trailer hit a patch of gravel on the road and fishtailed hard which caused the car to loose control and we skided into the ditch :( The car slid for a bit on the passenger side, tearing up the doors and breaking the windows, before flipping onto the roof which took out the sunroof and windshield, and finally flipped onto the driver's side door before sliding into a fence which stopped the car. I thank god that the two girls with me weren't seriously hurt, my girlfriend was unmarked except for a small bump on her head which she got from hitting her head on my head :? and my friend in the back only got two small cuts on her face which shouldn't leave any scars. Looking at the wreckage after the accident it's a miracle nothing worse than a broken collar bone came out of it.

As far as the damage goes, my dad's Maxima was obviously totaled, even the trunk was completely detached, the trailer was bent and the wheels were blown, the body of the boat wasn't that bad considering, only a dent in the hull the size of a fist and a couple minor skratches but the motor was blown apart :shock: . Other relevant losses, a couple fishing rods that I had in the trunk were broken but I was able to salvage the reels. And my tackle box remained intact but everything inside was thrown everywhere and I haven't had the time to check if everything is there. Plus the fishfinder and trolling motor got pretty wrecked.

It was definitely a scary experience and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. The only bright spot of the day was the OPP officer Mr. B.J. Hollywood, no joke that's his real name, was very nice and helpful which made the whole experience that much more bareable. Now I have some time to mentally prepare for Ice Fishing season. Oh, and as of now no word as to if I need surgury, but will probably know by tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your thoughts.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Wow! Amazing how much damage can happen so quickly! Sorry to hear the tackle box got messed up, I know what a pain that is! :lol:

Glad to here you're ok and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate you taking the time to send us a note about the incident.

Take care pal and I'm glad to hear everything is gonna be ok.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Tony!!!!!
Glad to see you post!!!!!!!!!
Man that is scary..so glad nothing worse happend give my best to your girlfriend and your other friend..I hope they are not to tramatized!!

Ice fishin....The PBL is open to you any and everyday you want to fish!!
Even if I am not present....use it as your own!!
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Thanks for the offer Bacon, but what is a PBL?
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Why it's "The Pork Belly Lodge", my ice hut....
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

I suppose the worst thing now is trying to convince them to go fishing with you again :wink:

It's amazing how things happen so quickly... one minute you're driving down to the launch the next you're rolled over in the ditch... Hopefully, everything will get sorted out soon and we're all glad it wasn't any worse. If either yourself or ian want to get out sometime drop me a line. I'm sure there are others that would also offer you a spot in their boats.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

The Pork Belly Lodge eh? Sounds like the place to be, I'll probably take you up on that offer. And thanks John but I won't be fishin til ice :cry: I'm sure Ian will though.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Tony

It's great to hear that you are alright...well almost....man that sounded scary....kinda makes you wonder what could have happened when we we driving down the Queensway side by each talking....at 100 KPH :shock: :oops: ....Get well soon Bud!!!!!!!